• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Bumping this with a little story from my LCS.

Today, as I was on my way out the door, the owner asked me to go thru a collection he was considering. I'm WAY more into silver age than he, so I'm pulling out the keys while he's looking stuff up.

Here's a Superboy #68 (1st Bizarro), there's a Green Lantern #40...

and oh my, here's a Showcase #9! A solid VG from an original owner collection.

It was really fun, but I had to get going before I found out what he'll charge for it, or if he'll even buy the collection. I'll update when I know.

My boy bought it, and it's priced at $700. This book is an easy VG, and it is worth every penny. If you want a Showcase #9, pm me, and I'll give you the store's contact info!

Showcase 60 Murphy Anderson :cloud9:

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/scan0016_zps63bf32cf.jpg' alt='scan0016_zps63bf32cf.jpg'>

Showcase 55

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/scan0015_zps37e982b3.jpg' alt='scan0015_zps37e982b3.jpg'>

These are all oo collection books!

Edited by comicjack

Now if they would just get on it and make a Metal Men movie.

I'd stand in line to see a Metal Men movie! Hopefully Tina would be hot.

:luhv:

And who knows, a movie might coax offerings of the five or so Metal Men comics I need out of the closet.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

I am currently trying to list all the CGC pedigree Showcases.

Savannah is the easiest pedigree to track with more than 75 books listed over the web.

If you are interested in this list, don't hesitate to ask me !

I currently have 9 in my registry set.

BTW, I unobscurred my sets so if you want to check out the pedigree's I have in there feel free. Off the top of my head, I have a few Savannah's (4, 13 & 71), Rocky Mountain (36, 41) and a few Mohawks (37, 47, 48, 49, 51) and maybe more, I don't have time to look right now.

Thank you for these informations.

I just completed my list and must update average grade now.

I hope I can share it with you all soon.

Now if they would just get on it and make a Metal Men movie.

I'd stand in line to see a Metal Men movie! Hopefully Tina would be hot.

:luhv:

And who knows, a movie might coax offerings of the five or so Metal Men comics I need out of the closet.

(shrug)

Just in case you didn't know, Metropolis/ ComicConnect has recently put up some decent copies of the Metal Men out of their Charleston collection.

Very sharp copies, Boba. I forgot to bid on the HA SC89 9.6 last night. It went for a steal at $52.

I wish they were mine, they're from the Hepcat raw bar :gossip:

Sometimes you can get a deal on those HA Sunday auctions, especially in the summertime when people are frolicking out and about and tend to forget to bid on things. :whistle:

I bought the previous one on Heritage and I thought there was another between this one and the one I bought - but I can't find it on my little iPhone. I'll try find the other one later.

After sleeping on it I think I was confusing a #15 that also came up for sale after I had purchased an identically graded copy a few weeks earlier. Same situation - same venue Heritage. So it wasn't 3 it was 2. It's still weird how 2 books I have been looking for, 2 copies of each pop up for sale like this. I hope a #16 comes along soon. I totally missed a 5.0 that went for peanuts back in February.