• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book spinner racks - who's got one?
8 8

518 posts in this topic

Was able to grab a "comic rack" though Amazon.  Obviously not an actual one but good enough until I am able to grab the real thing.  Does anybody have a PDF or something with the HEY KIDS COMICS  that I can print off onto some heavy paper stock that I can use as I sign?

On 11/30/2022 at 5:56 PM, southern cross said:

Another pic of my non vintage spinner rack. I got this thru my lcs who has a Diamond account. I believe they don't have them in stock but order them as they are ordered. Cost me roughly $350 which is way cheaper then a vintage one.

Screenshot_20221130-144956.thumb.png.9a1803a8fdd48442c6550d1c076aceaf.png

That is awesome👍👏🙌🏻

On 11/30/2022 at 3:00 PM, FoggyNelson said:

That is awesome👍👏🙌🏻

Thanks. It's got my May 1972 books in there, I'm still hunting issues that I don't have and picking up cheap books that I already have. When I set it up my wife said that doesn't take up much space so you could get another one.

Foolish me said no as I'm thinking one is a art piece, two turns my condo into a comic shop/news stand 🤣

I never had settled on what vintage sold for, but i walked into the lcs and they had one and were using it.

i mention3d i was interested, i think they said something to the order of, it used to go for $350.

On 11/30/2022 at 4:56 PM, southern cross said:

Another pic of my non vintage spinner rack. I got this thru my lcs who has a Diamond account. I believe they don't have them in stock but order them as they are ordered. Cost me roughly $350 which is way cheaper then a vintage one.

Screenshot_20221130-144956.thumb.png.9a1803a8fdd48442c6550d1c076aceaf.png

If they are more now I'd not be surprised,  but snap I couldn't swing $350 then either lol

On 11/30/2022 at 5:40 PM, southern cross said:

$350 for a vintage one would be a steal. There's a lcs with 3 and pestered him into selling me just one but he wouldn't, don't blame him. I settled for a non vintage new rack and I'm happy with it.

Bright side there's no rust 😜

I think it's awesome, I've been tempted as well, I even looked it up a couple years back.  :)

Congrats on yours!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/8/2021 at 7:37 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Picked this up. Missing the spinner though. But couldn’t not get it. Not sure if original spinner is more desired or easy to find….

B5B66AF0-5F5A-49B0-A44B-1C53767477FF.jpeg

I just picked up one exactly like this with no spinner base. Beautiful condition otherwise. Anybody have an idea of what it might be worth? 

On 12/1/2022 at 11:25 AM, Robot Man said:

I just picked up one exactly like this with no spinner base. Beautiful condition otherwise. Anybody have an idea of what it might be worth? 

I paid $125 for mine (and $60 for the standing one I have).

As to value, I dunno....I would like to think it's closer to $200 even without the base/spinner and my standing one probably closer to $150.

A buddy of mine who always acquires some different stuff got this DC spinner rack which I purchased from him for the shop. It’s made of heavy gauge plastic and works great! I heard these were limited and sent out by DC to a limited number of retailers. I had never seen one before. The vintage white spinner I bought at Cal Comic Con yesterday for a good price although it’s missing the base. I’m going to make one until I can find an original. If anybody has one please let me know. One question- the rack has some rust at welds and a couple broken welds which I’ll fix but should I paint the whole rack or leave it original? The header is in pretty good shape and I’m leaning towards keeping it all original. 

3A125FBD-33FD-436E-A8F0-5698FDB98FF5.png

5D010953-705D-4A4E-9AE5-7F01CCCF2670.jpeg

On 2/7/2023 at 1:59 AM, Cruzin' Thru Comics said:

A buddy of mine who always acquires some different stuff got this DC spinner rack which I purchased from him for the shop. It’s made of heavy gauge plastic and works great! I heard these were limited and sent out by DC to a limited number of retailers. I had never seen one before. The vintage white spinner I bought at Cal Comic Con yesterday for a good price although it’s missing the base. I’m going to make one until I can find an original. If anybody has one please let me know. One question- the rack has some rust at welds and a couple broken welds which I’ll fix but should I paint the whole rack or leave it original? The header is in pretty good shape and I’m leaning towards keeping it all original. 

The one I bought with broken welds and some rust I had stripped down, the welds repaired and the entire thing powder coated (mine was black). The rust will only get worse and, on mine, the value was on the header which was still mint.  

On 2/7/2023 at 8:14 AM, comix4fun said:

The one I bought with broken welds and some rust I had stripped down, the welds repaired and the entire thing powder coated (mine was black). The rust will only get worse and, on mine, the value was on the header which was still mint.  

I appreciate it. I’ll think about it. They do look way nicer when properly restored. 

On 2/6/2023 at 11:59 PM, Cruzin' Thru Comics said:

Howdy! I was the one that you bought that rack from on Sunday. Many thanks for the purchase.

These are getting a lot harder to find. I currently have 4 others. A large wooden Dell floor rack from the early ‘50’s. A tall side by side metal Dell folding rack with characters pictured on the header and a similar generic “Hey Kids Comics” header as well as a smaller counter top spinner with a DC logo from the early SA. I also have a small wall mounted Little Golden Book metal rack. I just don’t have space for the spinner anymore. I just love these old racks.

Personaly, I would just spot weld the couple breaks and leave it alone. It has nice paint and patina as is.

By the way, my wife was very happy to have it gone…:roflmao:

Edited by Robot Man

On 2/8/2023 at 3:08 PM, Robot Man said:

Howdy! I was the one that you bought that rack from on Sunday. Many thanks for the purchase.

These are getting a lot harder to find. I currently have 4 others. A large wooden Dell floor rack from the early ‘50’s. A tall side by side metal Dell folding rack with characters pictured on the header and a similar generic “Hey Kids Comics” header as well as a smaller counter top spinner with a DC logo from the early SA. I also have a small wall mounted Little Golden Book metal rack. I just don’t have space for the spinner anymore. I just love these old racks.

Personaly, I would just spot weld the couple breaks and leave it alone. It has nice paint and patina as is.

By the way, my wife was very happy to have it gone…:roflmao:

I appreciate it. If you ever want to sell any others let me know.