• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book spinner racks - who's got one?
8 8

518 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Beige said:

Thanks to the good lady wife - I now have this.

She saw a guy giving it to a salvage yard - asked for it, and the guy said she could have it.

She also got the card inserts made up for the top - which she had welded together again.

Not an old one, but does the job, and I'm very happy!

1.thumb.jpg.161cce4342b2d3610cebc15b7eb0cba0.jpg

Admirable work! Definite keeper!

On 5/28/2021 at 9:24 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Came across this for sale...I have no idea if it’s old or new or a repro. It apparently came out of a general store. Figured the folks here could enlighten me!

UPDATE: Came out of a closed up store, along with a little golden books display rack/shelf advertising the little golden books for sale at 15 cents...so maybe this is from around the 60's/70's?

4B32FF9D-BF8A-45CC-B339-10EE7DE1FBD5.jpeg

Very cool! I've never seen this before! I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for one now for my collection. 

I've got some spinner related oddball items from the 90's, like a set of unused monthly inserts for the Marvel "Tower of Power" retailer promotion. Basically, Marvel sent participating shops an enormous cardboard spinner rack (some assembly required) to display certain Marvel books. It was designed so that the art decorating the rack could be switched out from month to month, so as to highlight new titles. I'm not sure how long the program went on, but I think only a few months. I don't have the actual Tower (I wonder if any remain), but I did get a large shipping flat from a shuttering comic store about 10 years ago that was labeled as and indeed held a set of the monthly inserts, which are full color on punch-out tagboard stock. I will add pictures to this post as soon as I can of this unusual ephemera.

I also have something that probably shouldn't even exist anymore, just because why save it?

It's a large spinner rack topper for (late 80's, early 90's) Comic Images Marvel T-Shirts. Unfortunately, there was no character art on it, limiting its eye appeal greatly, but it must be one of the very last of these to exist, and one of a limited number in the first place, for whatever that's worth. (Will also add a picture of this for "fun".) The actual Marvel T-Shirts it advertised/held, on the other hand, are highly collectible, even used. Check your closets. Heck, check the label of the one you're wearing!

Crazy the price it takes to get a spinner rack. I’m pretty sure diamonds don’t do them anymore and I can’t believe no one’s started making new ones again, got to be a good amount of demand out there.

I don’t hold out much hope finding one of these in the Uk, might have to settle with a card rack or something that gets relatively close to the dimensions.