• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,451 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

Found this at a local con this past weekend.  I'm not into the romance genre at all, but even I knew to pick this up when I saw it.  I see there are only 9 copies on the census, but is it as scarce as that would indicate?

TAR.42.jpg

Pretty tough. Hope you bought it at a good price. Nice pick up.

Ken

I wonder how scarce this is?  I heard or read somewhere that it is a kinda tough book to find.  I don't know...I stopped looking after I got mine 20 years ago...

Well, it looks like on ebay you can buy a postcard with a picture of the cover on it...hm

15954795183_63b1972e50_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

15 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Nine in census makes it not that scarce overall, but scarce in grade for sure and one of the more desirable and sought after issues in any grade.

What this wise man said. 

12 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I wonder how scarce this is?  I heard or read somewhere that it is a kinda tough book to find.  I don't know...I stopped looking after I got mine 20 years ago...

Well, it looks like on ebay you can buy a postcard with a picture of the cover on it...hm

15954795183_63b1972e50_c.jpg

Pretty tough, I think.  One copy (a 5.0) on the census.  Most ACG's from that period (across genres) are tough and some (many?) may not exist in high grade.  At least you rarely see them in those grades. 

13 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Pretty tough, I think.  One copy (a 5.0) on the census.  Most ACG's from that period (across genres) are tough and some (many?) may not exist in high grade.  At least you rarely see them in those grades. 

So...you're sayin' it's pretty rare huh?  :whee:

And it's got animal cruelty on the cover too...just look at that dead lion...wow... :whatthe:

But...ya know...I actually prefer ACGs like this:

16835361350_878b9f3587_c.jpg

or this...but we all know there are lots of these...B|

16387093198_a391bb0bb5_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

3 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

So...you're sayin' it's pretty rare huh?  :whee:

And it's got animal cruelty on the cover too...just look at that dead lion...wow... :whatthe:

But...ya know...I actually prefer ACGs like this:

16835361350_878b9f3587_c.jpg

or this...but we all know there are lots of these...B|

16387093198_a391bb0bb5_c.jpg

If you read the story, the lion is only sleeping. 

Every boy has a copy of those other two, although my scan of one of them seems lost in the wilds of PhotoBucket. hm

T2eC16ZsE9swm08eBRT2IBISH60_57_zps34e24c6e-2.JPG