• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,451 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Yeh, Ken Bald's best work.

In fact, it's so nice, they did it twice - 8 years later.  I like the original coloring much better though.

Comic Book Cover For My Romantic Adventures 117

and keep em coming, @comicjack!  You've got a great eye, and more sweet romance than anyone would suspect.  Tucked in there between all the other genres!  

Love the purple cover a total different vibe from the color change.Thanks for posting that one (thumbsu

On 4/29/2021 at 9:39 PM, C. Spaulding said:

Nice copy! This was in my mail call today. This cover is definitely growing on me the more I look at it.

D07CAA2E-B30A-4520-B07B-8199B541F3FB.thumb.jpeg.1663d80f3874a404b9b646c747ce1630.jpeg

Love this series and its painted covers. I've been holding back getting either of these submitted as I prefer to hold out for a higher grade copy (neither of these I think would exceed VG and I prefer to get something at least FN. So far no luck finding any other high grade copies, these were the only two I could source in the last eight years). My favourite cover of the run :)

20210504_131344.thumb.jpg.ffeee117af53884a8f2ee35e3276e8db.jpg

On 5/9/2021 at 5:57 AM, comicjack said:

With no book graded and the first i have ever seen.I like the cover all for a dime along with a dance you can't go wrong :smile:

199348871_lovelorn41.jpg.f6712b42f766672f13f48c553444ce11.jpg

Mamboland... what if it was that awful Mambo #5 song.  Then you'd have to ditch the gal. 

7 hours ago, G G ® ™ said:

This one is pretty HTF IMO. Well, I'd never seen it before prior to purchase. Only 4 copies on the census (this is joint highest). I think it's a wonderful cover, and the fact that it's done by such a renowned Horror artist, and one one of my favourite PCH guys, gives me a real kick.

Bernard Baily rocks!

It arrived today. Well worth the wait.  :banana:

DSCN4892.JPG

RL006(AA).jpg

I really dig it! 

On 5/11/2021 at 9:27 AM, G G ® ™ said:

This one is pretty HTF IMO. Well, I'd never seen it before prior to purchase. Only 4 copies on the census (this is joint highest). I think it's a wonderful cover, and the fact that it's done by such a renowned Horror artist, and one one of my favourite PCH guys, gives me a real kick.

Bernard Baily rocks!

It arrived today. Well worth the wait.  :banana:

DSCN4892.JPG

RL006(AA).jpg

It does like the guy isn't far from sprouting fangs and turning this one into a horror cover! :whatthe:

I have to admit to myself that I kinda am being drawn into trying to do the whole '50s Atlas romance run. I've been concentrating on Colletta but gradually picking up others as well. I have some of the Colletta's scanned. The guy here seems to be based on Robert Mitchum. 

2021-05-14-0001.jpeg