• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

Vinny inked the interiors. The covers... hm

and here you go. man, you keep late hours, don't you? Last Call Rick

oops, wrong book. too many comics...i'll take a look for the other.

Nope. But I see where you're going. That was particular on his part. I'll post some examples tomorrow.

LoveRomances50fc100_zps3c9b463e.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

There was no particular reason I wanted to see Lovers 50... nothing to do with Colletta. Maneely, isn't it? There's something unintentionally seedy about that one... almost perverse. I think it's the way the guy is groping the woman. Let me see... maybe I do have a scan on disc...

Absolutely. Love it. Would love to have it. Seedy. But not intentionally. That's worth going for. I'll see what I can find. Not much, I would imagine.

Does this count?

MyOwnRomance11fc100_zpsc7dc3b6c.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

There was no particular reason I wanted to see Lovers 50... nothing to do with Colletta. Maneely, isn't it? There's something unintentionally seedy about that one... almost perverse. I think it's the way the guy is groping the woman. Let me see... maybe I do have a scan on disc...

I had to cheat and go to the GCD...

145298.jpg.19faebee41ce2e53362ba156f4e46d86.jpg

Absolutely. Love it. Would love to have it. Seedy. But not intentionally. That's worth going for. I'll see what I can find. Not much, I would imagine.

Does this count?

Man, the look on that guy's face! :D

I'm sure most of you are familiar with www.atlastales.com and what a valuable reference it can be for Atlas collectors of all genres. They attribute the cover of Lovers 50 to John Tartaglione which is a pretty good guess. The site also encourages contributions, scans, and information about interior stories, etc.... so don't be shy.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm sure most of you are familiar with www.atlastales.com and what a valuable reference it can be for Atlas collectors of all genres. They attribute the cover of Lovers 50 to John Tartaglione which is a pretty good guess. The site also encourages contributions, scans, and information about interior stories, etc.... so don't be shy.... GOD BLESS...

Looks like they have the same scan of Lovers 50, but larger... (or the same copy was used in both scans?) Yeah, looks like a new favorite site for comic resources. Thanks, jimbo! (thumbs u

145302.jpg.3ebcdc3f0e07dcb6f2d718100bd94509.jpg

It's one of the best sites I've ever seen for a single comic publisher. It wasn't too long ago when I first found it through Scrooge..... they were still several hundred covers short of having them all collected. It's such a testimony to what teamwork can accomplish. It would probably be impossible for one person to gather them all.... I'm not even sure if any one person even has the full Atlas canon.... GOD BLESS...

It's one of the best sites I've ever seen for a single comic publisher. It wasn't too long ago when I first found it through Scrooge..... they were still several hundred covers short of having them all collected. It's such a testimony to what teamwork can accomplish. It would probably be impossible for one person to gather them all.... I'm not even sure if any one person even has the full Atlas canon.... GOD BLESS...

One of the art indexers has a complete Atlas collection.

One of the art indexers has a complete Atlas collection.

:cloud9:

It's such a testimony to what teamwork can accomplish. It would probably be impossible for one person to gather them all.... I'm not even sure if any one person even has the full Atlas canon

Close to 80% of the Timely/Atlas canon has been digitally scanned. I know it's not as nice as having books in hand, but there is a great appeal to having immediate access.

Maybe not quite rare but one of my favorite non-Baker romance covers.

mylife_zpsd9fcc596.jpg

Many years ago, I was trying to acquire all the St. John Romance titles as well as all the Fox Romance books. I actually found it more difficult to get many of the Fox Romance titles and this cover is a good example of why people just weren't that interested in selling their Fox books.

mylife_zpsd9fcc596.jpg

Many years ago, I was trying to acquire all the St. John Romance titles as well as all the Fox Romance books. I actually found it more difficult to get many of the Fox Romance titles and this cover is a good example of why people just weren't that interested in selling their Fox books.

Who was the cover artist on many of these great Fox romance books? From what I've seen the interior art was generally inferior to the covers.

mylife_zpsd9fcc596.jpg

Great book. I don't think I've seen it before.

The lady on the cover very much reminds me of Rita Hayworth. The illustrators of the day, including Baker, did look to starlets and fashion magazines for inspiration.

Does this count?

Man, the look on that guy's face! :D

Amazing this issue would even sell. lol

mylife_zpsd9fcc596.jpg

.... nice Fine copy of this in the next Clink auction..... along with some other nice romance books. GOD BLESS...

mylife_zpsd9fcc596.jpg

.... nice Fine copy of this in the next Clink auction..... along with some other nice romance books. GOD BLESS...

Don't tell me things like this! Don't you have any compassion for the state of my bank account?! :insane: