• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men #4 with grader notes - GRADE REVEALED, see page 4

43 posts in this topic

First, I want to say thank you to everyone for their honest opinion and you guys given me hope.

I am skeptical of resubmitting it because I am not sure how much the tanning and dust shadow would affect the grade from typical defects but with this many opinions, I am confident to re-grade!

If your grade already factor in some of the defects that hard to see from scans then you have very keen eyes. Here are closer pictures of the defects, look like a dent

Back cover corner

nGEhZcU.jpg

Front cover corner

OLia3Xo.jpg

HOWEVER

On average, your grade is off by 4 from what CGC given it. I don’t know why, probably this book graded during that “loose, tie, loose, period"

I still don't understand the first line of grader note:

"Interior Heavy Cover Tanning" Or they mean "Interior, Heavy Cover Tanning?

ZWrQXZC.jpg

oEZDUxC.jpg

mtSq26R.png

I am getting a little uneasy with the grading that I have been seeing lately coming back from CGC. There seems to be less consistency.

If the interior is truly "brutally tanned" then maybe this grade is justified but maybe it should be disclosed on the label as a "hidden defect"? Or maybe grader's notes should be incorporated into the slab somewhere on the back side?

Should there also be some sort of "challenge the grade" offered if you feel that you have been "ripped off"? The same sort of thing they do when you challenge your house assessment?

Any one else care to chime in here on these topics or start a poll/thread?smiley-gen130.gif

I take it the interior cover is heavily tanned. If it's nearly brown I could see them hammering the grade, but I can't see the grade getting any lower on a resub, especially with a press.
With as loose as grading is in the low mids right now, I could see it coming back as high as a 6.0 now. I stand by my 5.5 grade on a resub.