• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who leaves feedback first?

187 posts in this topic

why should you leave fb before? because it can put the buyer in a good frame of mind and thats never a bad thing in case there is a problem. I'm a buyer and i'm insulted when this happens to me, and, I'm not alone.

that's why.

the board is still waiting for your ebay id btw

I had been in the camp of leaving feedback after I know the buyer is happy. However, the seller now has the option (or I just noticed it) to report a buyer even after feedback is left, so I'm slowly converting to leaving feedback once a buyer pays.

why should you leave fb before? because it can put the buyer in a good frame of mind and thats never a bad thing in case there is a problem. I'm a buyer and i'm insulted when this happens to me, and, I'm not alone.

that's why.

the board is still waiting for your ebay id btw

well since i'm not hated anymore it might be ok to share

but why does everyone want it exactly?

I had been in the camp of leaving feedback after I know the buyer is happy. However, the seller now has the option (or I just noticed it) to report a buyer even after feedback is left, so I'm slowly converting to leaving feedback once a buyer pays.

as far as i understand it the report buyer is mainly for trying to do transactions outside ebay. dont know if it does much else.

as new as I am to this site, I am also new to the eBay experience. I agree about the Feebay stuff-- but they are providing me a service that I can appreciate even if it is costing me 10-15% of my overall sales. Cost of doing business that I have just decided to live with. Though I am trying to work deals with people directly through these types of boards.

As far as FB is concerned-- as new as I am, I am starving to get better numbers (sitting on 3 so far after 15 sales). I get the whole wait until they get the goods part-- that makes sense.

As a seller-- I consider the feedback to be concerned about how quickly a buyer pays-- not how they conduct themselves in the process of the sale. Sure-- they might have a problem AFTER paying-- but really, until it is in their hands, they have one simple job-- pay me. ALL my comments are directed toward that end EXCEPT when we have combined a couple of invoices or had some other communication prior to the sale being initiated.

I can see how someone with a much longer track history on eBay might have some misgivings regarded handling FB. I hope I never get those type of feelings (or deal with a scammer or hyper-picky customer). That seems somewhat inevitable sadly.

as far as i understand it the report buyer is mainly for trying to do transactions outside ebay. dont know if it does much else.

Not true...

report_zpse21dfaa9.png

i have 100% FB and always do anything i can to satisfy the customer. sometimes things do get lost in the mail-its pointless to start thinking the buyer is scamming you. if theyre not satisfied with the item they can return for refund or keep and get partial-and i always let them determine the amount-have never been taken advantage of and my buyers are very happy. ebay's fee is much less than rent on a store location or whatever....all around i think it's great.

Not true...

report_zpse21dfaa9.png

hopefully what they do is if a buyer has several reports, it affects them. i do know of one buyer who only left neg fb and was reported repeatedly and nothing happened. here's a guy leaves like 30 out of 35 negs and ebay does squat...not sure if clicking report isnt just a placebo....

ebay's fee is much less than rent on a store location or whatever....all around i think it's great.

While this is true, I personally still think it is excessive. Web space basically costs equipment & the electricity to run it, so why hasn't eBay dropped their prices instead of raising them? At least offer some discount to good sellers, like dropping the PayPal 3%?

But like another large company, the eBay seems to be a monopoly (as far as auction sites go) without any real competition, so they can do whatever they want.

/ :signrant:

-slym

ebay's fee is much less than rent on a store location or whatever....all around i think it's great.

While this is true, I personally still think it is excessive. Web space basically costs equipment & the electricity to run it, so why hasn't eBay dropped their prices instead of raising them? At least offer some discount to good sellers, like dropping the PayPal 3%?

But like another large company, the eBay seems to be a monopoly (as far as auction sites go) without any real competition, so they can do whatever they want.

/ :signrant:

-slym

You get discounts on final value fees if you are a high rated seller and move a decent amount of product.

I thought Paypal fees were 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction, with a few exceptions.

just compare to the old days when comic shops were the only game in town and you could only buy the books they happened to have and sell a book for maybe 10% of its value....sure things arent perfect but theyre better.

ha ha for funny joke if seller doesnt leave FB first, post neg and state 'seller didnt give me pos fb even though i paid promptly. that was 3 weeks ago. avoid.'

As a seller, I leave FB as soon as I get paid.

As a buyer, not until I receive the package and it is inspected, and if any communication is necessary.

-slym

My policy as well. Feedback is deserving to someone who performed his obligation. A buyer's obligation is to pay. A seller's obligation is to ship aptly-described items.

When selling: I leave feedback upon printing the shipping label.

When buying:

1. If the item is for myself, I leave feedback upon receiving and inspecting the item.

2. If the item is for resale (purchased because the original listing was bad / BIN too cheap or the item is suddenly hot) in the comments portion of the payment I write a message to the buyer stating that I would appreciate it if they not leave me feedback and that I won't be leaving them feedback.

This way they are aware ahead of time.

This is how I look at it:

If this were retail, would you (as the proprietor) wait until the customer left the store, got home, and had a few hours to contemplate their purchase before thanking them, or would you do it right after they paid and before they left the store?

;)

-slym

When I have sold on eBay, when a buyer has made a purchase and paid for it, I have emailed and thanked them for their purchase, just like you suggest here.

But if this were retail, and someone came and asked me right after the customer left the store, "Is that person a good customer?", I wouldn't tell them yes at that point, because I just wouldn't know.

Positive feedback is a recommendation, not a "thank you."