• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink!

113 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what the Amazing Spider-Man #293 "Kraven's Last Hunt" page and Jim Starlin 'Death of Captain Marvel" ended at?

Comic Link does not publish or give access to completed auction prices, right?

I think or thought the only way to get pricing is when the auctions start, just bid $1 for every auction, then it's registered in your profile and eventually tells you what you got outbid for as the final sales prices, right?

Does anyone know what the Amazing Spider-Man #293 "Kraven's Last Hunt" page and Jim Starlin 'Death of Captain Marvel" ended at?

I think or thought the only way to get pricing is when the auctions start, just bid $1 for every auction, then it's registered in your profile and eventually tells you what you got outbid for as the final sales prices, right?

Starlin Death of Capt Marvel - $6800

Amazing Spiderman 293 Kraven pg - $2116

Thought there were some pretty strong prices for consignors last night like the aforementioned Hard Boiled, Davis Capt Britain cover at $4900, Sin City Big Fat Kill at $17,300 (seeing as its been available for less) and the Watchmen 11 pirate page for $6300.

I thought the Chaykin American Flagg looked so cheap I threw up a bid before going to bed and was sniped and I think the winner still got a bargain - just $1800 for such an influential 80's indie.

you can look up completed auctions for a short time after they close.

It was a good auction last night. There were fewer big ticket items than in previous auctions, but there were more bargains, too. If I were at an earlier stage in my collecting career and had money to burn, I would have had a field day.

Among the pieces that I felt went cheaply:

American Flagg #25 cover for $1,877.

Kazarr #4 cover for $1,975

Tales of the Black Freighter by Gibbons for $2,369

Incredible Hulk #3 page for $8,100

Superman cover by Bolland for $9,209. (A real discount from it's price in SDCC)

Wizard #159 cover by Cassaday for $5126. Moy's been known to ask over 20k for a really nice Cassaday X-Men cover. Technically this is a WIzard cover, but that's still a good deal for a kick image!

Watchmen #11 p13 for $6,200. There's no action and no heroes, but it's been years since I've seen any Watchmen page sell for less.

How did a Sandman #1 page only go for $3,101? I know there's no Morpheus on it, but it's a well rendered page that would fit well in many collections. If I weren't on a dinner break when this came up, I would have taken it.

Crisis #4 cover. After a long drought, we've seen three Crisis covers hit the market in the past year. A really great one sold for over 30k. An ok one sold for under 20k. And then this one sold for $7,851. I think it's worth quite a bit more. My hearty congratulations to the sharp-eyed buyer on that one!

Among the lots that finished strongly:

WD #46 p14 for $4,200. I think it's a strong result? The logic of the WD market eludes me.

A Not Brand Ecch page selling for $15,250 is rather impressive. Almost the same price as the serious Kirby pieces, which I find baffling. "Hmm, let see. Should I go for the SS page, the Thing vs Doom page? Nah, let's get the Not Brand Echh piece!"

Avengers #267 for $8,100. I've given up trying to price the market for Avengers covers, but this seems a bit high.

Both Darrow and Starlin's work sold well, exceeding my estimates. I was hoping to win Darrow's Transmetropolitan cover, but was outbid.

And that Byrne X-Men page. Others have already mentioned it, but I was very surprised to see it go for $26,250. Not shocked, but very surprised.

I ended the night with two purchases; The first one was the NTT Annual #2 cover. I've been looking for the right Perez Titans cover and this one called to me. The fact that I have a soft spot for the Vigilante made this 1st appearance an easy buy.

My other pick up was the cover to Contest of Champions #3. Yes, the watercolors royally mess with the aesthetics. But I've always wanted a piece of this series, and the price was right. I'm eagerly looking forward to laying my hands on this one!

Congrats to all the bidders and sellers!

Sin City Big Fat Kill at $17,300 (seeing as its been available for less)

Interesting price on the Big Fat Kill cover.

I sold it almost 2 years ago for more money.

Where did you see it available for less?

MI

They could be thinking of the other Miho cover that sold at Heritage a year ago. It was later in the run, was an alternate variant cover... and she was on Rollerblades. Auctioned for around $7k.

(not that I wouldn't take it!)

Anyone surprised by SSOC 3 pages....these were at Wondercon for about 15% of what they sold for...so very nice flip for someone sharper than I was that day!

Gorgeous pages, but yeah, at $2.6 & 2.55K respectively, I thought they were some magical Buscema pages, instead of Tony DeZuniga

Wasn't there a Buscema/Conan page in the same auction?

Anyone surprised by SSOC 3 pages....these were at Wondercon for about 15% of what they sold for...so very nice flip for someone sharper than I was that day!

Gorgeous pages, but yeah, at $2.6 & 2.55K respectively, I thought they were some magical Buscema pages, instead of Tony DeZuniga

Wasn't there a Buscema/Conan page in the same auction?

I saw two, one for issue 86, and another for Savage sword #5. The savage sword sold for more.

Thanks, DPJ. Any thoughts why the Buscema pages went for a fraction of the DeZuniga work? For me, Buscema was THE Conan artist.

Is there a growing DeZuniga fan base?

I'm just as curious as you, I thought they looked nice, but nothing special to me to validate that type of money.

Sin City Big Fat Kill at $17,300 (seeing as its been available for less)

Interesting price on the Big Fat Kill cover.

I sold it almost 2 years ago for more money.

Where did you see it available for less?

MI

I think he's thinking of a family values Miho page albert moy has up for 13k

You think who's thinking it the art Albert has?

Not me.

I think I know what I sold.

I had the Miho cover first that Albert has now. But I also sold a year before, the cover that just sold in CLink.

MI

No, no. the guy who thought he saw it cheaper awhile back. Sorry

WD #46 p14 for $4,200. I think it's a strong result? The logic of the WD market eludes me.

This blew me away. Based on the size and composition I thought it would for sure end at around $3K. Great page, and congrats to the seller.

This blew me away. Based on the size and composition I thought it would for sure end at around $3K. Great page, and congrats to the seller.

Since When Did Logic Have Anything To Do With It???

:acclaim:image_zps9a9499d4.jpg