• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List of Comic Books Seen in Movies and Television Shows
11 11

571 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2022 at 6:36 PM, David Buck said:

This One ? 

Gent 

vlcsnap-2022-04-14-18h34m41s625.png

That's it, The Gent :)

I have a few examples of T&P stamped copies in my magazines file. I'm off for my dinner - back later to see if we can date the issue in that picture. 

Boy, did I have a lot of fun Googleating for that Phwooar!.gif.bffb2707d9333078f5c694335cafbb58.gif :)

I think it's the June 1963 issue:

https://wonderclub.com/magazines/adult_magazine_single_page-print.php?u=GENT196306

Capture.PNG.774a83fdd19e9a79d70b7b6d69fd0734.PNG  pulpmens-191.webp.a5b8fe08c56e0c87fe6512412c4b49e8.webp

In the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"-type movie, "Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers", streaming on Disney+, the Marvel character Tigra is seen at a convention.with her table decorated with a couple of comics including the Bronze Age Claws of the Cat #1 and the Copper Age Marvel Team-Up #125, plus a modern self-titled book I don't recognize off-hand.

The movie is chock full of surprise cameos like that, but none moreso than Robert Crumb's counter-culture icon Mr. Natural, whom I'd never dreamed I'd see in a PG movie made by Disney.

tigra.jpg

On 6/28/2022 at 6:16 PM, jdandns said:

In the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"-type movie, "Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers", streaming on Disney+, the Marvel character Tigra is seen at a convention.with her table decorated with a couple of comics including the Bronze Age Claws of the Cat #1 and the Copper Age Marvel Team-Up #125, plus a modern self-titled book I don't recognize off-hand.

The movie is chock full of surprise cameos like that, but none moreso than Robert Crumb's counter-culture icon Mr. Natural, whom I'd never dreamed I'd see in a PG movie made by Disney.

tigra.jpg

The comic I see directly above Tigra’s head is Marvel Team-Up #67(1978) and the self-titled book is Tigra The Complete Collection tpb.  
I agree seeing Mr. Natural on the screen in a Disney feature would be a surprise.  Maybe someday we’ll get to see Fritz The Cat or even Zippy make a cameo somewhere, too. :wishluck:

On 6/29/2022 at 7:40 PM, KB81 said:

Great - now I will be looking for comics in movies and shows. 

My brain can't this  :) 

lol I stink, I tried to edit a gif where the dog says..... moves head and Squirrel?!? to change squirrel to comics but you get the point :makepoint: 

giphy dog squirrel comics.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM