• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List of Comic Books Seen in Movies and Television Shows
11 11

571 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2023 at 8:54 PM, Telegan said:

The episode was "Gomer The House Guest" (Season 4, Episode 6).  I found a clip that contained it.  Go to around the 4:45 mark of the following video on FB :

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2575932302709130

Yeah, you don’t see a front or back cover and it’s dark.  That’d be tough to ID.

On 9/4/2023 at 9:24 AM, BCarter27 said:

Demo in the bottom left corner. At a VHS rental store in this rom-com.

image.thumb.png.070662c87fd06a725fe6e14506aca302.png

How funny, I was recommended this movie last month and saw it last week and really dug it. Great for any cinephile or movie buff

Edited by littledoom

I have no picture, and it's technically not a movie or TV show...but there was a comic book in Back to the Future: The Musical during the scene when Marty first meets his father in the diner (George is reading it). I was sitting waaay up in the mezz so no idea if it even approximated an actual period-accurate book, or which one it might have been. Marty also threw out the idea of using the time machine to grab a bunch of comics while in the 50s to bring back to the 80s, heh. Been a long while since I saw the movie, so not sure if those two references were there also.

On 9/8/2023 at 6:39 AM, Cocomonkey said:

I have no picture, and it's technically not a movie or TV show...but there was a comic book in Back to the Future: The Musical during the scene when Marty first meets his father in the diner (George is reading it). I was sitting waaay up in the mezz so no idea if it even approximated an actual period-accurate book, or which one it might have been. Marty also threw out the idea of using the time machine to grab a bunch of comics while in the 50s to bring back to the 80s, heh. Been a long while since I saw the movie, so not sure if those two references were there also.

From the movie not the musical, but “Tales From Space”, a mock-up made for the movie was used.  Curiously GCD lists this.

https://www.comics.org/issue/1310619/

Tales from Space #8 gcd back to the future.png

Edited by steveinthecity