• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm not sure television has ever been better

157 posts in this topic

Just this week:

This week's episode of SHIELD was one of the best yet, it's becoming one of my favorite shows.

The Arrow just keeps getting better and better.

Walking Dead...I hope this show goes on for years.

Vikings on History Channel was excellent this week, this is going to be an exiting season.

The Americans on FX, great cold war drama.

True Detectives on HBO is the best show you're not watching (if you're not watching it that is lol)

Lastly, I almost gave up on Revolution early this season, and I am glad I didn't.

Don't forget Game of Thrones. (worship)

TV is awesome right now. 6-7 years ago when BSG, 24, Lost, Dexter and Star Trek: Enterprise were on and Supernatural was still really strong is also a great era.

I was a little late to the True Detective party. Finally caught up last weekend. HOLY mess. It's amazing. I cannot say enough good things about McConaughey. It's hard to believe this is the same guy that was starring in "Failure to Launch" eight years ago.

Ok, so other than the huge obvious hits out there, what are some of your secret pleasures so to speak?

I will start. I really enjoy the show Nashville. I love country music and I think Connie Britton is an awesome actress.

TV is awesome right now. 6-7 years ago when BSG, 24, Lost, Dexter and Star Trek: Enterprise were on and Supernatural was still really strong is also a great era.

I can't possibly forget it, it just isn't on yet! (thumbs u

I'll take METV over current network offerings any day. :sumo:

I don't get that channel. Is that the one with old shows like the Rifleman and Adam 12? If so (thumbs u

Not going to watch Game of Thrones until I read all of the books. I hear they are great. I bought them all but just haven't read them yet.

+1

It seems like what is considered "great" TV these days has to be focused on stories about horrific death, serial killers, terrorists, or other similarly ugly topics. I said the following in another thread, I know we are not going to go back to the days of Bewitched and Dragnet, but it would be nice to have more of a balance

focused on stories about horrific death, serial killers, terrorists, or other similarly ugly topics.

I know, that Kardashian show fits quite a bit in for only a 1/2 hour, right? Plus, you forgot sex reassignment.

Binge-watching Battlestar Galactica off Netflix this month. I spottily watched it when it originally aired, but man, viewed commercial-free & correct continuity it's mindblowing. :ohnoez:

BG is truly a "novel" for television. The only downside is it's cutting into time reading actual novels. lol But damn, it's such a 'page turner', sub-plots galore. :popcorn:

+1

It seems like what is considered "great" TV these days has to be focused on stories about horrific death, serial killers, terrorists, or other similarly ugly topics. I said the following in another thread, I know we are not going to go back to the days of Bewitched and Dragnet, but it would be nice to have more of a balance

I like Big Bang Theory too!

Yeah the late 70's early 80's were the best for TV (well at least kid friendly TV)...

Incredible Hulk

Charlie's Angels

Wonder Woman :luhv:

Dukes of Hazzard

A-Team

Knight Rider

The Jeffersons

Muppet Show

Good Times

Sanford and Son

M*A*S*H

Miami Vice