• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #50: THE KINGPIN MAFIA SYNDICATE

121 posts in this topic

I agree, one of the unique Marvel covers of that era, but the (brown to orange) colors really make it "POP". Most covers from Marvel during this time were rather drab as far as coloring was concerned (white, black, navy blue, gray, brown).

I have never owned a copy of ASM #50, but this thread has got my interest up so that I'm grazing items for sale now. Rather pricey once you get to 8.5 and above.

(worship)

:cloud9:

SPIDERMAN50CGC90-1.jpg

Welcome to the Family! Nice copy my man! :applause:

Old label/Old school... :headbang:

Like the good ol' days! :headbang:

IMO that book looks a lot nicer than its 9.0 grade. Re-sub candidate?

I agree, it's a classic old label undergraded book. However, if it's a keeper in Tom's collection, why bother resubmitting it ? It looks great just the way it is.

Truly one of the most incredible covers ever created. The art is stunning but the colors are amazing! Love to just gaze at it. :cloud9:

Yes it is! It's significance is under appreciated that's for sure! (thumbs u

:cloud9:

SPIDERMAN50CGC90-1.jpg

Welcome to the Family! Nice copy my man! :applause:

Old label/Old school... :headbang:

Like the good ol' days! :headbang:

IMO that book looks a lot nicer than its 9.0 grade. Re-sub candidate?

It definitely is a re-sub candidate with the Old Label and all! I just sent mine to Joey to press/dry clean because of some flaws on the FC. I believe it can improve to a 9.2/9.4! hm I noticed 2 flaws specifically at the top FC edging & the lower left near the bottom staple. :cool:

An "8.5 White Pages" just sold on ebay yesterday for $908, showing the strong demand and slow upward trend in value this book has been commanding. Looks like a pretty sweet 8.5, similar to the one we've been commenting about on this post above.

Here's a link to that closed auction if you want to see it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-50-CGC-8-5-WHITE-PAGES-UNIVERSAL-1967-1ST-KINGPIN-KEY-BOOK-/400701035745?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=W0ffv3Yc4tmA68USPSLIdZwT8gA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

An "8.5 White Pages" just sold on ebay yesterday for $908, showing the strong demand and slow upward trend in value this book has been commanding. Looks like a pretty sweet 8.5, similar to the one we've been commenting about on this post above.

Here's a link to that closed auction if you want to see it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-50-CGC-8-5-WHITE-PAGES-UNIVERSAL-1967-1ST-KINGPIN-KEY-BOOK-/400701035745?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=W0ffv3Yc4tmA68USPSLIdZwT8gA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Thanks! (thumbs u That's a great price for that book, especially with the white pages!

This book will only continue to climb in FMV, especially if the Kingpin is used in any future Spidey or Daredevil projects! :grin: