• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

I am insecure, now you check yourself, I bet you take great pride on picking on insecure people like me.

writing_process.gif

Ok, enough, I actually agree and I jumped to conclusions based on the previous comments of scalped #43 and seeing that no one contradicted it, I assumed it was true. :foryou:

I am insecure, now you check yourself, I bet you take great pride on picking on insecure people like me.

writing_process.gif

Ok, enough, I actually agree and I jumped to conclusions based on the previous comments of scalped #43 and seeing that no one contradicted it, I assumed it was true. :foryou:

Fair enough, thanks. Have a great weekend. :foryou:

Let's just be glad Ebullying isn't a criminal offence yet.. otherwise half this forum would be behind bars lol

I don't know if you are aware, but human beings invade other nations and we commit genocide against other groups, ebullying is a walk in the park.

quick!! buy up every copy you can find and put them on ebay so some rube can overpay!!

last I checked that's how supply and demand worked

:baiting:

I wasn't trying to knock anyone or undo the market forces. I just find it funny that people go bonkers once a "real" 1st appearance might pop up..ebay get cleaned out, etc.

Shoot the messenger. I was just sharing the link to SB's page with Latour's quote 'The issue you can blame for Southern Bastards" and the picture of a page from Scalped 43.

Obviously, enough people think it's significant because there's only 2 copies left on ebay with high BINs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scalped-43-First-Appearance-Of-Earl-Southern-Bastards-Hot-NM-TV-Show-/141304994090?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20e66f192a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scalped-43-First-Appearance-Of-Earl-Tubbs-Southern-Bastards-Hot-Key-Issue-/111369064884?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19ee1d11b4

It'd be safe to say it's an Earl / SB "prototype", of the sort which is recognized by CGC when it comes to early Marvels at least

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-Tales-79-CGC-7-5-Atlas-pre-hero-1960-DR-STRANGE-PROTOTYPE-before-ST-110-/281347787406?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4181a28a8e

I wasn't shooting the messenger. lol

My thinking is this doesn't have anything to do with Earl Tubb and if anything, maybe it might be the prototype for his father. Earl looks pretty fit in SB and that guy sure doesn't. Earl also said he'd been living in or near Birmingham, Al since he'd left Craw county. That's why I asked where the Scalped page took place. I was informed it was South Dakota so using my Perry Mason/Sherlock Holmes/Batman detective skills, I came to the conclusion that this isn't/wasn't Earl and I was just trying to give a heads up to fellow boardies not to pour money into what imo is a bottomless pit. :)