• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

Ugh.

That page has no relation whatsoever to Southern Bastards, other than the fact that Latour was the artist.

So, yeah, you know...hoard away.

ok, thanks, I start buying all the ebay books up right away.

Zero individual copies available on the bay..lol Somebody had that thought last night it looks like

Wow. This place is amazing sometimes lol

I think I'd like to hear what Jason Aaron has to say about the correlation before I bought anything. 2c I'm with jjenius on this one, but to each his own.

Wow. This place is amazing sometimes lol

I think I'd like to hear what Jason Aaron has to say about the correlation before I bought anything. 2c I'm with jjenius on this one, but to each his own.

+1

I thought Conan was being facetious.

Edited by AntBrown

OMG. The correlation is this: Aaron liked the tone and feel of the page, and enjoyed working with Latour. This page inspired him to look for an opportunity to work with Latour again on a new series of their own. This page has NOTHING to do with Southern Bastards.

But then, you would know that if you actually read Scalped.

Feel free to buy them up anyway, though...no reason to listen to me. I only know what I am talking about.

Let me just start by saying that my comments towards jjeanus were in jest. I didn't really appreciate the "ugh" comment and the "hoard away" comment. So, that's why I started defending my comments, even knowing that I was wrong.

A simple, "no, that's not earl tubbs in the issue" would have sufficed. But, thanks for over-reacting to my questions even though others had made the assertion that there was a correlation between scalped #43 and SB.

There is a reason why my initial comments ended in question marks, cause obviously I don't know what the facts are with regard to Scalped #43.

But, thanks for answering my questions jjeanus, condescending as they were, thank you!!!

First of all, my initial response was not only directed at you - you were not the only person to suddenly assume some sort of first appearance in this issue based on one innocuous twitter post. Several other boardies seemed to jump onto the same assumption. So, "ugh" was a general response to the situation, and the rapid proliferation of misinformation, rather than being aimed directed at you. I did, however, think this was a bit much...

God Damn it, I feel I hoarded the wrong book, I'm going back to purchasing 2 copies max of any given book.

Sure, you were asking questions, but you were also having an awfully strong knee-jerk reaction without even having solid information, or waiting for an answer.

My OMG comment, of course, was absolutely directed at you. There is nothing more frustrating than posting an answer to a question, only to have that answer ignored, and followed up with more rampant speculation and misinformation. Earlier in this same thread, after much speculation about the print run on issue 1, someone asked for an actual answer, rather than just everyone's best guess. I answered the question, and it was immediately followed by dissenting opinions and arguments to the contrary...even though I was stating a fact, not an opinion.

Sadly, this forum seems to be 99% BS, fabrication, and opinion stated as fact. And...once this starts, it is very difficult to stop. I prefer not to get involved in sheer conjecture, so I only post an answer when I ACTUALLY KNOW THE ANSWER. For some reason, though, this seems to be a hard concept to grasp for many, so I just don't even know why I bother sometimes.

My answer was not solely directed at you, but I apologize if you are butt-hurt over it all the same.

You didn't have to quote it, it was pretty obvious who it was directed at.

Maybe you didn't want to target one of your friends in your cliche, so you targeted me.

It was pretty obvious, and of course now you gotta defend yourself by saying that it wasn't directed at me.

You didn't have to quote it, it was pretty obvious who it was directed at.

Maybe you didn't want to target one of your friends in your cliche, so you targeted me.

It was pretty obvious, and of course now you gotta defend yourself by saying that it wasn't directed at me.

Insecure much?

One other thing that's way too common on this forum that I forgot to mention: STUPIDITY.

(And yes, that's directed at you. But then, I directed it at you by QUOTING YOU).

PS--do you know what a "cliche" is? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Edited by jjeanius