• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

? Sorry, didn't realize Gotham wasn't a part of Batman comic

Books :baiting:

My point is, I think there are two types of fans: 1.) people that are willing to defend a crappy tv show or movie because we love the source material, and 2.) people that bash the tv/movies because we love the source material. In this case, I think they could have done a lot better with this show. Everyone that chimes in on this thread will probably fall into one of those categories lol

or the third type of fan who was disappointed because there was no superheroes/villains in it just like how Agents of Shield started last year. :whistle:

I thought GOTHAM was good. It had a True Detective or HBO series kind of feel to it. I am totally surprised how mature this show was.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

My point is, I think there are two types of fans: 1.) people that are willing to defend a crappy tv show or movie because we love the source material, and 2.) people that bash the tv/movies because we love the source material. In this case, I think they could have done a lot better with this show. Everyone that chimes in on this thread will probably fall into one of those categories lol

or the third type of fan who was disappointed because there was no superheroes/villains in it just like how Agents of Shield started last year. :whistle:

I thought GOTHAM was good. It had a True Detective or HBO series kind of feel to it. I am totally surprised how mature this show was.

It started slow like true detective, but will be shocked if gotham turns out like true detective. True detective was legit,

It started slow like true detective, but will be shocked if gotham turns out like true detective. True detective was legit,

Slow?

There was lots of action in Gotham. The Penguin character himself seems pretty psycho? I could say more about the episode, but I don`t want to give away spoilers.

Loved True Detective ! There are other types. My daughter (18) is the biggest Arrow fan I know and she got me hooked. She had never read a Green Arrow book until about 6 months after the Lemire run started. I started her with 17. She liked it but likes the show a bit more.

Edited by The Authority

I thought it was OK. It played like a solid network TV show. Certainly better than Shield. But I wasn't blown away. The biggest problem I had with it was the stacking of chance meeting and/or /connections between so many characters in the Batman universe. The lack of patience in building these connections could really bug me if I thought about it more.

I thought Taylor's Cobblepot and Doman's Falcone were both well done. They were the two most interesting characters for me.

Anyone catch the stand up comic on the stage?

Yes:) I did ...how could they leave him out?

I thought it was entertaining. I didn't love the Penguin, he was too much like I figured the Joker would be.. I would definitely watch it next week. I had no idea that was Jada Pinkett Smith. I thought it was someone else much older.

Any guess on Solomon Grundy in the future? There was a Grundy Street mention.

Does this mean that we should be jumping into all of the Solomon Grundy appearance books such as AA 61 and AS 33 before their price points all move into the stratosphere? lol

Or is this phenomenon only limited to the rabid Marvel speculators who will be more than happy to empty out their wallets on any hint or rumours of a TV or movie character tie-in appearance? ;)

Nothing special at all.

It might develop into something better, I'm sure if I hear enough good stuff I'll check out a future clip or two.

+1

My favorite character is the young Catwoman. Otherwise this was just another cop show.

I thought it was infinitely better than the Marvel Agents of Shield first episode. Those seem to be equals as they are shows that don't necessarily focus on the capes.

The writers did hammer us with references of characters. They referenced E Nygma talking in riddles like 3 times? Same this with Cobblepot and Penguin references.

Overall I really enjoyed the show and thought it did a fantastic job. I'll be watching!

Edited by stanley1883

4/5 stars

The show will ease into slower introductions over time versus trying to open up the Bat Universe on us rapidly, and by focusing on a few characters it will allow viewers to slowly grow attached to some of the characters. At least there was action all the way through, versus an extremely slow buildup leading to a final surprise at the end.

It definitely helped establish Gotham is a very dangerous place, and why Gordon and Batman will be necessary in order to protect its citizens.

:headbang:

Anyone catch the stand up comic on the stage?

My kids watch a music show that must be in syndication, as the comedian in Gotham was much younger when it was filmed.

Fresh-Beat-Band-Nickelodeon_140850.jpg

There were some articles that came out early on about the potential for that character that I had posted (not that it would be easy to find them here). The show production team teases he has a potential to become someone else.

New Stills From 'Gotham' Reveal Possible Joker

Jon Beavers from the 'Fresh Beat Band TV Show'.

dRqeUUe.png

More Shots Of Our (Possible) Future 'Joker'

So this chap is doing his stand-up routine at Fish Mooney's club, and she seems to like what she hears, while Cobblepot feigns amusement. He's very happy with himself until Fish "has to deal with a little business in the club." I'm sure you can all guess what that business might be. There's no real indication that this guy will actually become The Joker of course, but we do know the character is expected to show up at some stage, and, in Alan Moore's the Killing Joke he was given a back-story as a failed comedian who must turn to crime to make ends meet.

If this turns out to be true, it will be interesting to see where they go with it. I never pictured the 'Fresh Beat' kid in this role.

I doubt it, though. It is too obvious.