• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

I liked it, I knew if I wanted some negativity this would be the place to find it. No one's harder on the genre they supposedly love than comic nerds. If it's too close to the actual subject it's boring and predictable, if it strays it's blasphemy. Someone was actually complaining about Alfred's accent - really?

I wasn't expecting Breaking bad or True Detective but it had solid acting and nice visuals with interesting characters. I'll keep watching

I don't think people mind that it's straying from the source material. Most people are past that sort of thing. They are questioning the motivation for doing so but that's different than complaining.

But why can't it be as good as Breaking Bad? Shows of that caliber are the new benchmark.

this

Last night - I watched Gotham, and I thought the scene where the young Wayne with his dead parents on ground was bang on just like in comics. But the young Catwoman having witnessed it? That was an interesting twist...

Overall, the first episode was not bad. I'll see the next few episodes to get the feel of how this show will go.

I wonder when we will see the first sight of Batman making his first appearance? At the end of the first season or in middle of the run?

Remember Smallville.

Pretty much, everything that happened in Gotham was somewhat real and believable. The fight scene as well as all scenes were not exaggerated such as the things we see in most movies like things Spider-Man does or big screen fights such as Supermans. Don't let me get into talking trees or raccoons. Remember it's a comic book based show delivered to make you think it's a real place.

I liked it, I knew if I wanted some negativity this would be the place to find it. No one's harder on the genre they supposedly love than comic nerds. If it's too close to the actual subject it's boring and predictable, if it strays it's blasphemy. Someone was actually complaining about Alfred's accent - really?

I wasn't expecting Breaking bad or True Detective but it had solid acting and nice visuals with interesting characters. I'll keep watching

I don't think people mind that it's straying from the source material. Most people are past that sort of thing. They are questioning the motivation for doing so but that's different than complaining.

But why can't it be as good as Breaking Bad? Shows of that caliber are the new benchmark.

I mentioned to my wife a couple weeks ago that Breaking Bad has ruined TV for me, hard to imagine a show as good but I'm hoping! I've found TV outpacing movies for quality these past 10 years

Who Needs BATMAN? GOTHAM Debuts With Strong Ratings

---------------------

For those of you who said a Batman TV series without the Caped Crusader wouldn't work, think again! It may not have won the night, but Gotham had a strong debut in terms of ratings with a very strong 3.2 rating with adults 18-49 and 8 million viewers. Various sites also believe it will gain a lot through DVR too.

---------------------

I would expect a lot more interesting reviews when the Flash, Constantine and Daredevil shows debut. lol

i like it, it has potential to turn out to be a great show. i do like how they change some things with some characters but i hope is going to be amazing to see these characters evolve and become the characters we know in the comics.

I wish they could pronounce Falcone correctly....

Maybe the director was going for real-world where people have trouble prouncing an uncommon name?

Smithe = Many see this as 'Smith'

Falcone = Many see this as 'Falcon'

(shrug)

Just watched the first/pilot episode and I thought it was quite good overall. Looking forward to the next episode.

Just watched the pilot…horrible. Made it through the first 30 minutes then cut it off. Talk about over-acting! Pass.

I mentioned to my wife a couple weeks ago that Breaking Bad has ruined TV for me, hard to imagine a show as good but I'm hoping! I've found TV outpacing movies for quality these past 10 years

same here.

Last night - I watched Gotham, and I thought the scene where the young Wayne with his dead parents on ground was bang on just like in comics. But the young Catwoman having witnessed it? That was an interesting twist...

Overall, the first episode was not bad. I'll see the next few episodes to get the feel of how this show will go.

I wonder when we will see the first sight of Batman making his first appearance? At the end of the first season or in middle of the run?

Remember Smallville.

That was what I thought. But will the director of Gotham follow the same path like Smallville did? I doubt somewhat. I'm betting they will try to do a little different later.

Edited by Fan Boy

I was unimpressed and sort of let down. The first few reviews I read here were really promising. I also recently read Gotham Central and was hoping it would steal from the book.

It just felt forced and crowded. I'm not sure about the acting and wonder if it didn't hurt the dialogue.

It was a pilot though and I'll check out the next few episodes. Hopefully it gets a bit better.