• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Outside of the general pacing/editing (which could use a lot of work... BUT it's the pilot so I'll cut them some slack), I see the potential of the show to be great. So far I'm enjoying most the characters and can't wait to see them become more fleshed out in future episodes. Guess I'll have to keep tuning in then. :P

I could see this going 10+ seasons like Smallville..... and the source material is even deeper.....the biggest challenge will be in keeping it from becoming cumbersome and claustrophobic. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I didn't love how so many villains were crowbarred into the first episode, but I really liked the the young Gordon character. I think they did a good job of capturing the gritty, pre-batman Gotham.

This was my only criticism as well. Too many teasers of villains crammed into the first episode. Otherwise, I thought it was great!

I guess i'm in the minority, but I hated it. The acting was horrid, and it also seemed really campy.

My three current shows are "Ray Donovan", "The Strain", and "Boardwalk Empire". This one will not be added to my list.

You're not alone. I didn't like it. Better than Shield, but that's not saying much. I liked Jada Pinkett's big scene, but other than that it was just awful. Swap in some decent actors and you might have a show. I'll give it another episode because pilots can be rough, but I don't have my hopes up. The show is missing a unified "feel" between the characters. I just couldn't get into it. Felt like Bruce Wayne walked off a Disney set, Gordon's partner just came from the NYPD Blue set, Gordon is still on the OC, and the Penguin really wanted the part as the Joker but he blew the audition.

Sorry for the rant, but my time is worth more. Seriously, ask yourself, if you weren't a fan of the source material, would you think this show was good?

I guess i'm in the minority, but I hated it. The acting was horrid, and it also seemed really campy.

My three current shows are "Ray Donovan", "The Strain", and "Boardwalk Empire". This one will not be added to my list.

You're not alone. I didn't like it. Better than Shield, but that's not saying much. I liked Jada Pinkett's big scene, but other than that it was just awful. Swap in some decent actors and you might have a show. I'll give it another episode because pilots can be rough, but I don't have my hopes up. The show is missing a unified "feel" between the characters. I just couldn't get into it. Felt like Bruce Wayne walked off a Disney set, Gordon's partner just came from the NYPD Blue set, Gordon is still on the OC, and the Penguin really wanted the part as the Joker but he blew the audition.

Sorry for the rant, but my time is worth more. Seriously, ask yourself,

if you weren't a fan of the source material, would you think this show was good?

I read Batman comics as a kid. I never read books about Gotham. (shrug)

And honestly, I'd probably have enjoyed the episode more if I wasn't a comic fan. hm

? Sorry, didn't realize Gotham wasn't a part of Batman comic

Books :baiting:

My point is, I think there are two types of fans: 1.) people that are willing to defend a crappy tv show or movie because we love the source material, and 2.) people that bash the tv/movies because we love the source material. In this case, I think they could have done a lot better with this show. Everyone that chimes in on this thread will probably fall into one of those categories lol

I liked it. It wasn't perfect but it kept me watching unlike Agents of Shield last year. I do agree there were too many villian intros but I'm intrigued by how the Penguin turns out.

Any guess on Solomon Grundy in the future? There was a Grundy Street mention.