• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

I thought it was a good start. Compared to Arrow, which I like for the slow rollout of the TV DC universe! but have to admit is a pretty cheesy love story and small bore superhero adventure --- but Gotham compares nicely. Hey, maybe by next year we will all be looking at the rash of TV superhero shows very differently. Getting bored with the limitations of scale and budget.

I suggest any of you interested watch the 3 or 4 preview informercials for the show where the creators spell out just what they are seeking to accomplish. Based on what they said, they are right on the money.

This going to be a show about a weird violent town. The ideal place to eventually birth a Batman. Many of us have subscribed to the comics idea that it was Batman who spawned the rise of copycat costumed villains. The show makes the case that it was Gotham City that gave rise to the batman.. I think they have a lot to say on the subject.

I pvr'd it and watched it tonight and thought it was a good start. They set a whole bunch of things in motion in the pilot which is fine. I have no idea why some of you are so negative - the Agents of SHIELD pilot blew big time compared to this one and it has turned out okay......

I thought it was dull and boring. Blah.

Peace,

Chip

On the bright side, you can now go back to watching Dancing with the Stars! :baiting:

I liked it. Not being a huge Batman collector, I can forgive the changes that they made in characters, but I do think they introduced to many at once. It would have been cool to slowly introduce them as the season progressed to give that cool moment when you realize who they are.

This was getting very positive press so I had some expectations. I thought it was ok. Can't help but think it would be better produced by AMC/FX/Netflix.

What they are doing w/the Penguin looks like it will be pretty cool.

The title sequences are a very derivative/generic After Effects treatment. Come on guys, try harder.

thor-13.jpg

Edited by dpiercy

Episode 4: ARKHAM

GOTHAM Season 1, Episode 4 Description Released

---------------------

A POLITICAL VOTE SHAKES GOTHAM CITY ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, OCTOBER 13, ON FOX

As a contentious city council vote on the future of the Arkham district approaches, politicians from both sides are in danger. Gordon and Bullock must race to protect the council and an old friend visits Gordon in the all-new "Arkham" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Oct. 13.

---------------------

Both are self explanatory and I agree with them.

The writing doesn't flow naturally. It isn't smooth and seamless. They seem like they are trying too hard to impress people by putting too much content into one show. Amateurish.

(shrug)

Both are self explanatory and I agree with them.

The writing doesn't flow naturally. It isn't smooth and seamless. They seem like they are trying too hard to impress people by putting too much content into one show. Amateurish.

(shrug)

+1