• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

It actually was another good episode. Including the detective work viewers craved, a villain that was both deadly and someone you pity due to what made him the way he is, and more of Bruce Wayne slowly learning his own strengths.

That next episode preview still gives me the chills, it was so well delivered.

:applause:

It actually was another good episode. Including the detective work viewers craved, a villain that was both deadly and someone you pity due to what made him the way he is, and more of Bruce Wayne slowly learning his own strengths.

Finally my first appearance of the Joker comic will have some value!

I was thinking last night about how, with all the rushed and forced villain origins and cameos, there are things that I'm honestly waiting for.

- Penguin officially renaming Fish's club to "The Iceberg Lounge"

- Bruce falling through the dry well and discovering the cave

- Lucius Fox appearing, perhaps as some middle manager at Wayne Enterprises. Someone Bruce and Alfred can trust

- The appearance of the Flying Graysons

- A mention of The Order of St. Dumas

Has the show gotten any better since the first few episodes? I lost interest early on. Is it worth coming back to now?

Only you can make that call what works for you or not. But personally, I think the current episodes are so much better than where the show started out.

GOTHAM: 'Dollmaker' Débuts In Season 1, Episode 18 - "Everyone Has A Cobblepot"

----------------------

We recently found out that Colm Feore (last seen in The Amazing Spider-Man 2) would appear in an upcoming episode of Gotham as another incarnation of the Dollmaker, and now we know it'll be the March 2nd instalment, "Everyone Has A Cobblepot". A different version of the character actually appeared in a season 2 episode of the CW's Arrow (played by Michael Eklund), but he'll be going by the name be Dr. Dullmacher in Gotham.

----------------------

Meet 'Gotham's' Flying Graysons

------------------

Fans of the Batman comics know the Graysons as the acrobatic circus family the first Robin -- Grayson -- hails from. "Gotham," however, takes place long before is born. As a matter of fact, in Zap2it's exclusive clip from Monday's (Feb. 16) episode, 's parents are seen before they've married. John Grayson and Mary Loyd have a secret, and they're not very good at hiding it.

------------------

Has the show gotten any better since the first few episodes? I lost interest early on. Is it worth coming back to now?

I watched a few episodes early on and didn't bother keeping up. Then the last few days I gave it another go and yes, it improves quite steadily! By ep 7 "Penguin's Umbrella" I was thoroughly hooked.

Penguin's portrayal is probably my favourite part of the show. The actor and the writing are both excellent. I am enjoying his reveal as a surprisingly brilliant, terrifying and ruthless psychopath, who does a fantastic job of disguising himself. The various mob bosses see him in turns as a bumbling weirdo, a naively trusting pawn, or an amusing and useful employee. I've just got to the point where it's dawning on me that he's several steps ahead of the lot of them.

I watched a few episodes early on and didn't bother keeping up. Then the last few days I gave it another go and yes, it improves quite steadily! By ep 7 "Penguin's Umbrella" I was thoroughly hooked.

Penguin's portrayal is probably my favourite part of the show. The actor and the writing are both excellent. I am enjoying his reveal as a surprisingly brilliant, terrifying and ruthless psychopath, who does a fantastic job of disguising himself. The various mob bosses see him in turns as a bumbling weirdo, a naively trusting pawn, or an amusing and useful employee. I've just got to the point where it's dawning on me that he's several steps ahead of the lot of them.

Agreed, the Penguin is the most interesting regular character, as he's the only one who can surprise the viewer. Not that anyone in the cast is that bad. The writing and the format are often repetitive and silly, but it's an enjoyable series, possibly the best of the current raft of comic-related shows.