• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Is Jerome really gone he made such a great Joker :(

I haven't seen the entire episode yet. But I did catch the last ten minutes, and was surprised to see his end.

It would be a shame to throw away an actor like that which seems to capture the personality of the Joker so closely.

GOTHAM Executive Producer Addresses Last Night's Major 'Joker' Twist

"It’s a twist that leads to more twists," showrunner Bruno Heller tells Deadline. "The creation of the Joker is a larger and more epic story than people realize, and this show is very much about kind of the deep, secret history. So, as the show rolls on, people will see how a mythology is born, how a kind of cultural mien is created that will lead us to the Joker himself."

"Sometimes backstories are more complicated and interesting than, you know, falling into vat of toxic chemicals or being bitten by a spider. Like they say, nobody creates themselves out of whole cloth, whether it’s Elvis Presley, or you name it — Jesus. There’s a tradition in forebears and ancestors of those characters that went into creating them. So, to me, Jerome is genuinely the mother and father of the Joker. He is the seed of the Joker."

hm

I wish they would just do away trying to do the Joker. This "Jerome" was just terrible.

What!?!?! :o

I loved the character and he did the junior Joker pretty well, in my opinion.

+ 1

And I would think there are many others like appreciated his performance.

barbarakean_size3.jpg

Erin Richards acting in season 2 is hot. During the Magic scene, what weapon Barbara Kean uses to knock out Theo Galavan?

It looked like a small Hammer similar to Harley Quinn's weapon.

....I caught that too. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

GOTHAM Executive Producer Addresses Last Night's Major 'Joker' Twist

"It’s a twist that leads to more twists," showrunner Bruno Heller tells Deadline. "The creation of the Joker is a larger and more epic story than people realize, and this show is very much about kind of the deep, secret history. So, as the show rolls on, people will see how a mythology is born, how a kind of cultural mien is created that will lead us to the Joker himself."

"Sometimes backstories are more complicated and interesting than, you know, falling into vat of toxic chemicals or being bitten by a spider. Like they say, nobody creates themselves out of whole cloth, whether it’s Elvis Presley, or you name it — Jesus. There’s a tradition in forebears and ancestors of those characters that went into creating them. So, to me, Jerome is genuinely the mother and father of the Joker. He is the seed of the Joker."

hm

That requires a double hm hm

Cause I just finished S2E3 and I was like :ohnoez:

I am still not very into this show, it is ok, but it is not hitting me like I'd hoped. It reminds me of the Sin City movies in how they are mixing camp w/Noir. Distracts me in Gotham. They guy doing Jerome is very good, but, yeah, we've seen this before. I do really like the relationship between little Bruce and Alfred, this is something different. And of course, Penguin is awesome.

Lastly, JIM GORDON MUST HAVE A MUSTACHE.

I wish they would just do away trying to do the Joker. This "Jerome" was just terrible.

+ 1

I thought so too. It wouldn't shock me if they somehow brought him back 'from the dead' eventually. Here is my reasoning:

When I was thinking about it, I figured there was one of two ways to go: Jerome either was or was NOT the Joker (duh). In my opinion, he was the perfect young Joker for TV; So if that were the case, when they cast for the character they chose him for what are, to me, obvious reasons. However....

The flip side is...what if he ISN'T the eventual Joker? That would mean that whomever is doing the casting already had tagged a different actor to be the Joker. Someone who is more 'Joker-ey' than Jerome was. A better fit.

I dunno, I'm not seeing a better fit, but that's just me. If their intention is to simply use Jerome as a catalyst for a different actor to pick up the role....who gets that role? Or is it something they ignore until the very end of the series?

+ 1

I thought so too. It wouldn't shock me if they somehow brought him back 'from the dead' eventually. Here is my reasoning:

When I was thinking about it, I figured there was one of two ways to go: Jerome either was or was NOT the Joker (duh). In my opinion, he was the perfect young Joker for TV; So if that were the case, when they cast for the character they chose him for what are, to me, obvious reasons. However....

The flip side is...what if he ISN'T the eventual Joker? That would mean that whomever is doing the casting already had tagged a different actor to be the Joker. Someone who is more 'Joker-ey' than Jerome was. A better fit.

I dunno, I'm not seeing a better fit, but that's just me. If their intention is to simply use Jerome as a catalyst for a different actor to pick up the role....who gets that role? Or is it something they ignore until the very end of the series?

Straw man - they don't have to have cast the joker at all. We all know the Joker's back story has a lot of mystery. Not to mention, Batman himself has a significant part in creating the Joker (it's a big part of his inner conflict and assessment of his greatest failures). I suspect they'll use a few of these character types over the seasons to tease the Joker's spirit without any of them being the actual Joker.

Edited by Thawk