• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

Gordon sells his soul for the greater good at the behest of a teenager seemed kind of a silly premise since the kid doesn't hold the mystique his character should have and comes across as a snotty rich kid. This was a little weak and could/should have been handled differently.

I found the already dark atmosphere turn even darker and some characters take a more prominent role, which is good for this series. The Arkham connection is very interesting and looks promising.

I like show all in all and will continue to watch it, but I will just have to imagine this occurred on Earth 21982449 because this certainly isn't anything remotely close to Earth 1 Batman's backstory.

Pretty much how I look at it. Entertaining, just not anywhere what we are used to nor expect.

Sometimes, that is what makes it entertaining...

;)

-slym

This is the great part of being ignorant to an existing story line - you don't have preconceived biases that will make you cringe when they deviate from it.

Last night's episode was good and I like where they're going with it. Some seeds have been planted, others are being developed and some are bursting at the seam. Thank goodness Fish is not in the mix anymore.

It's too cartoony. It feels more like 'Batman and Robin' than 'The Dark Knight.'
Agree with "cartoony". The clothes, cars and locations purposefully build a cliche cartoon-world. 'Batman and Robin' or that 'D ick Tracy' movie come to mind.

I'm halfway through S1 on Netflix and will finish up, but midway there's a sinking feeling it's not going to get any better.

I saw Episode 2. WOW! That was pretty bloody, and definitely intense.

Monday Night Ratings: Gotham Holds, Everything Else Down

Gotham stood tall in the ratings Monday night, matching the season premiere with 4.6 million viewers and a 1.6 rating, but that's the end of the good news as basically everything else went down in live ratings.

Of course, producers also recently admitted that live ratings are now the least of their concerns, while the Live+3 and Live+7 (which include time shifted viewing on demand, on Hulu, and on DVR) are the new deciding factor, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Blindspot, the latest from powerhouse producer Greg Berlanti, had the smallest drop, only 16%, with 9.1 million viewers and a 2.6 rating. In the aforementioned time-shifted ratings, the Blindspot premiere rose to number 1 among all new series last week.

Big Bang Theory stayed in the top spot overall of produced shows (Monday Night Football won, but sports don't count in that category), but saw a 20% dip to 3.6 rating and 14.9 million viewers. Minority Report dropped about 18% to 1.1 and 2.7 million viewers, a drop in an already slow start for the new science fiction show.

Castle, starring Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic, had an increase in the second part of its two-part premiere from last week, despite a controversial ending that may change its viewership next week.

Tigress :cloud9: <3

Pretty surprised her 1st appearance Infinity Inc 34 hasn't gotten much love yet. Really hope they keep her the full season.

I thought Season 1 ended very well, first couple of episodes were OK for me. Really looking forward to seeing the Court of Owls plot develop.

What's weird about watching Gotham is the sense that Batman will be meaningless. Bruce'll be wasting his time in 15 years, way too late to the party. Donning a Bat costume won't scare the hell out of anybody. He would just be another nutter in a city with a long, long history of unhinged crazies.

Season1 is more enjoyable if my viewing-mindset is it's all a Scarecrow induced fever-dream Bruce is having. Some nightmare about his bystander-inner-child. That at the end of Gotham Bruce'll wake up Bobby-Ewing-style, good to go.

I saw Episode 2. WOW! That was pretty bloody, and definitely intense.

Monday Night Ratings: Gotham Holds, Everything Else Down

Gotham stood tall in the ratings Monday night, matching the season premiere with 4.6 million viewers and a 1.6 rating, but that's the end of the good news as basically everything else went down in live ratings.

Of course, producers also recently admitted that live ratings are now the least of their concerns, while the Live+3 and Live+7 (which include time shifted viewing on demand, on Hulu, and on DVR) are the new deciding factor, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Blindspot, the latest from powerhouse producer Greg Berlanti, had the smallest drop, only 16%, with 9.1 million viewers and a 2.6 rating. In the aforementioned time-shifted ratings, the Blindspot premiere rose to number 1 among all new series last week.

Big Bang Theory stayed in the top spot overall of produced shows (Monday Night Football won, but sports don't count in that category), but saw a 20% dip to 3.6 rating and 14.9 million viewers. Minority Report dropped about 18% to 1.1 and 2.7 million viewers, a drop in an already slow start for the new science fiction show.

Castle, starring Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic, had an increase in the second part of its two-part premiere from last week, despite a controversial ending that may change its viewership next week.

That was an EXCELLENT episode!!

That was an EXCELLENT episode!!

I agree!

This show may be operating in its own time period with altered characters. But it appears Season 2 is trying to prove something in making each episode exciting while maintaining the focus on existing characters.

Gotham To Reveal How The Joker Came To Be

“The Rise of the Villains” in the second season of Gotham has been teasing the Joker pretty heavily. Understandably, some fans fear this may be a red herring, or a tease that the series doesn’t follow through on. Showrunner Bruno Heller says not to worry.

“We’re going to be giving you concrete answers to his identity,” Heller tells Nerdist. “That story is going to come to a huge and shocking resolution which will explain the whole Joker myth and how it began and how the Joker came to be.”

Remember before the very first episode aired, and these executives said that "we would see the Joker, but not know who he was", or something to that effect?

Is this still true, or is this goof now going to become the Joker? If so, I will say, bad call. I don't like him, he isn't interesting at all, and it seems like the writers are trying really hard to make him more than he is.

He is, in effect, no Joker to me.

-slym