• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Spine Realignment Therapy, turn your 8.5's into 9.2's!

3,329 posts in this topic

Mitch enhanced my day.
He increased my bust 2 full sizes. And boy, are they firm! :thumbsup:

Pics or it didnt happen.

:eek:

$125 each to my Paypal address, otherwise it didn't happen :sumo:

A battle of wit between comix4fun and Spiderman-on-tilt.

It's like watching Jesse Owens running the hurdles against the entire 3rd grade class. :popcorn:

Make sure you pick who is Jesse correctly since I ran track in HS and College old man. :baiting:

Ummm...John, he passed away in 1980, you might want to reconsider your choice;)

Just making sure Dice chooses in his scenario the character role of Jesse correctly.

As long as his next analogy isn't baseball (especially pitching) or grading of comic books then he should have accomplished his insult goal. (shrug)

It's like watching Jesse Owens running the hurdles against the entire 3rd grade class. :popcorn:

Make sure you pick who is Jesse correctly since I ran track in HS and College old man. :baiting:

Just making sure Dice chooses in his scenario the character role of Jesse correctly.

As long as his next analogy isn't baseball (especially pitching) or grading of comic books then he should have accomplished his insult goal. (shrug)

The fact that you don't grasp the concept of what I was saying just makes it even sweeter. :cloud9:

The fact that you don't grasp the concept of what I was saying just makes it even sweeter. :cloud9:

Oh course I grasp your internet tough guy personal as per usual. :eyeroll:

I am just saying if want to insult me use an anology that makes sense.

Just do not use track, baseball, or comic book grading then you have a shot is my point.

I am closer to Jesse Owens than Comix4fun is.

So use another analogy. :P

For example you can say if it wasn't for spell check (when it works) I would be homeless. That is true!

I am just saying if want to insult me use an anal probe what makes sense.

Just do not use crack, taserball, or comic book grating then you have a shot at my azz.

So use another analology. :P

For example you can say if it wasn't for spell check (when it works) I would be homoless. That is true!

:headbang: Just about got it.

I am just saying if want to insult me use an anal probe what makes sense.

Just do not use crack, taserball, or comic book grating then you have a shot at my azz.

So use another analology. :P

For example you can say if it wasn't for spell check (when it works) I would be homoless. That is true!

:headbang: Just about got it.

Well at least you finally got off your knees. (shrug)

I kid I kid.....Seriously Mike hope you are having a good birthday. :foryou:

Taserball does sound fun though. Is that like laser tag?

Just do not use track, baseball, or comic book grading then you have a shot is my point.

For example you can say if it wasn't for spell check (when it works) I would be homeless. That is true!

Oh stop...please... :roflmao:

Yes I looked at some of the other auctions too.

This is getting big, Really hope CGC comes back with a big response, and one set in concrete. CGC is good for the hobby, but fix the abuse decisively.

Also, it's really nice to see the posts so far by staff.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

I just quadrupled my ignore list, it makes it much easier to wade through pages of idiocy and find anything useful left in the thread.

The updates from everyone on the CGC side of things are appreciated.

Just read through most of the silver thread and a quarter of this one...

Amazed at the profit the seller got off of that Avengers 1!

These books look horrible to me with this reverse spine roll and I'm guessing the Batman 121 on eBay right now from this seller has had the same thing done to it.

:(

653836787_o_zps13bc31e8.jpg

It's nice to see CGC taking note of this.

Oh stop...please... :roflmao:

Kinda missed that one...alot, didn't he?

Just read through most of the silver thread and a quarter of this one...

Amazed at the profit the seller got off of that Avengers 1!

These books look horrible to me with this reverse spine roll and I'm guessing the Batman 121 on eBay right now from this seller has had the same thing done to it.

653836787_o_zps13bc31e8.jpg

It's nice to see CGC taking note of this.

Unfortunately!

You can see the pages exposed even from the opposite side. What a shame!

For those who inquired, in some form or another, as to how CGC could re-attain possession of the books, it would obviously have to be a voluntarily decision of the owner. As a general matter, CGC cannot compel someone to temporarily transfer their books back to CGC.

But CGC does expect its Member Dealers to cooperate with and abide by certain policies and ethical practices, and that includes not intentionally benefitting from a CGC grading or restorative mistake.

As a private company, CGC can decide who to do business with, or not to do business with at any time. Thus, under certain circumstances, a CGC Member Dealer can find their status revoked, temporarily or permanently, or their ability to even submit books restricted or prohibited. Obviously we know of examples in the past where a ban has been imposed on certain individuals. CGC can also make sure its concerns regarding an individual or book(s) is publicized to the correct people and/or in the appropriate places.

I am not saying that any of the above will happen with this particular submitter. I am merely setting forth CGC's recourse when certain unfortunate circumstances might exist.

Mark, all great points. And it is still great to see CGC take steps to determine if there are concerns here or not.

But the challenge with this seller is he was submitting through someone else for 2 (+) years. Worst-case, he'll let his new CGC account go dead and submit through his original source.

(shrug)

It is certainly possible that someone can maliciously or innocently use a third party for submissions in a way that masks the identity of the actual submitter, but CGC can always track the book(s) and undertake an investigation to determine where books are ending up following submission by a particular individual(s).

Plus, one of the benefits CGC derived in hiring me is that I always have my CIA connections. ;)

I hope this seller can be blocked, as he has been doing this for a long time (at least 3 years +), and Lord know how many books he has slipped past CGC without any detection of the amount of damage he has done with reverse spine rolling books.

On the raw books that have been sold, even then those could have made their way to CGC from unsuspecting collectors. But it would be difficult to tell without examples being identified.