• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insane press and flip Avengers 1.

491 posts in this topic

The color flake missing from Loki's neck a little more than half way down from the top is now visible on the back cover of the 9.2. Looks like it might be the same book.

The reorientation of the cover so that the pages stick out so much is fugly. This one's a pressing monstrosity. Wondering if it had to be disassembled to achieve the end result?

Was thinking the same thing.

If I was the buyer I would feel cheated, especially if the book was taken apart and reconstructed. I think this should be reported to CGC for further investigation. Perhaps they need to start looking more closely at the back cover of comics. Places like comiclink should also put up scans of the back cover for books in their auction.

If I was the buyer I would feel cheated, especially if the book was taken apart and reconstructed. I think this should be reported to CGC for further investigation. Perhaps they need to start looking more closely at the back cover of comics. Places like comiclink should also put up scans of the back cover for books in their auction.

oh no that would be cheating the cheating...all we need to see is the front, and see if the spine tick is 1/8" or less and voila..magic.

Not disagreeing with you at all, I am appalled at the seller and disappointed with CGC.

However, what do you expect to accomplish by reporting it to CGC now. The horse has left the barn. Other threads are complaining CGC is too tight. This demonstrates CGC needs to be more tight !

Someone has to know where his 4.5 Batman 1 came from before it was pressed and what its previous grade was. You can also tell on the BC that the spine has been shifted.

You're right. Absolutely no doubt that the Batman 1 was shifted about 1/4" to make the front cover look nicer.

Wouldn't this just be an example of simply taking out a spine roll?

Oh well, I wonder if he does his own work. He knows his mess... I bet he does, I'd imagine someone who does the work would only realize that avengers 1 potential..

I have never had a request for a service like this. I have removed spine rolls, never created a "shift". It does take it to a whole new level of weird.

Someone has to know where his 4.5 Batman 1 came from before it was pressed and what its previous grade was. You can also tell on the BC that the spine has been shifted.

You're right. Absolutely no doubt that the Batman 1 was shifted about 1/4" to make the front cover look nicer.

Wouldn't this just be an example of simply taking out a spine roll?

Oh well, I wonder if he does his own work. He knows his mess... I bet he does, I'd imagine someone who does the work would only realize that avengers 1 potential..

I have never had a request for a service like this. I have removed spine rolls, never created a "shift". It does take it to a whole new level of weird.

9.4s with a color breaking top left corner dings will be shifted to the fold now and be 9.8s I can see it now.

CGC has been going soft on oddities introduced by pressing for a long time.

I believe you are right. However, in this case pressing was used to hide a defect or move it from the Front to the Back cover. It's disappointing CGC allowed the 9.2 grade.

I'm gonna offer the seller the same price he bought it for.. Let's see what he says

You should offer him his purchase price and grading fee. I think that's reasonable.

Too late.. If he counters, I will then offer his purchase price + grading fees (thumbs u

CGC has been going soft on oddities introduced by pressing for a long time.

I believe you are right. However, in this case pressing was used to hide a defect or move it from the Front to the Back cover. It's disappointing CGC allowed the 9.2 grade.

I'm sure they graded the book that was in front of them now, without concern of what it was before.

All I can say is that if Timely said it is the same book, than I too believe it is the same book.

Could be wrong, but I cannot believe it is the same book. It was a gift 8.5 with ALOT of defects not removable by pressing, be they "shifted" to back cover or not. I just can't see how my 8.5 could have been converted to a 9.2... It wasn't close at all...