• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask me anything and get to know me
1 1

409 posts in this topic

Nothing in life is easy. I was unemployed for 8 months and almost had to sell my house. Just took a night job in a warehouse working 14 hours a night for more then minimum wage but still not alot. Most people dont have it easy.

I know what it's like and I know for certain that life's no easy trust me and that, I may not have those things happen to me yet but they someday will by that I mean owning a house and things like that!

:preach:

A min. wage job that give you opportunity, experience or assistance with education can lead to better things so don't judge all jobs by what they pay.

Don't make bad choices that could limit your choices in the future.

Great scene from a great movie! (thumbs u

well I got fired because I couldn't learn fast enough I was a cashier for the first time and I had to learn how to use it and everything and I learned everything I had to in 2-3 days time but I couldn't learn the cigarettes and after 5 days I got fired!

That sucks.

:idea:

On the bright side now you have more time to focus on selling comics on consignment.

Isn't it illegal to fire someone because of a learning disability? Just sayin. Sounds like a lawsuit if you ask me. There's your chance to make more than minimum wage I guess...

well I got fired because I couldn't learn fast enough I was a cashier for the first time and I had to learn how to use it and everything and I learned everything I had to in 2-3 days time but I couldn't learn the cigarettes and after 5 days I got fired!

That sucks.

On the bright side now you have more time to focus on selling comics on consignment.

Isn't it illegal to fire someone because of a learning disability? Just sayin. Sounds like a lawsuit if you ask me. There's your chance to make more than minimum wage I guess...

well I didn't tell her I had a learning disability because I was afraid that I wouldn't get hired ironic huh?

That sucks.

well I didn't tell her I had a learning disability because I was afraid that I wouldn't get hired ironic huh?

Wait, what is your learning disability?

As a dyslexic, that should never be an excuse for losing a job. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm an English teacher with a disability that usually results in horrible grammar skills. My grammar is atrocious, but I learned how to compensate and make up for it. Now that isn't to say I'm the best teacher in the world, but I had the most students in my school's history pass the AP Language and Composition test last year. I had some talented students though so it wasn't all me.

All I'm saying is please don't use a learning disability as an excuse.

That sucks.

Wait, what is your learning disability?

As a dyslexic, that should never be an excuse for losing a job. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm an English teacher with a disability that usually results in horrible grammar skills. My grammar is atrocious, but I learned how to compensate and make up for it. Now that isn't to say I'm the best teacher in the world, but I had the most students in my school's history pass the AP Language and Composition test last year. I had some talented students though so it wasn't all me.

All I'm saying is please don't use a learning disability as an excuse.

my learning disability is adhd I'm not sure what your learning disability does to you but for me it's hard for me to remember things and makes me forgetful and on top of that I have memory problems and I'm not using it as an excuse or poor me or something like that but you can't deny that it isn't a factor that contributed to it!

why did you have to respond so quickly, I was still making amendments to my post.
(shrug)

Doesn't this whole thing sound like Justin?

If true, your BFF is back!

God forbid. :eyeroll:

Multiples pages over multiple days, raking a kid over the coals for making a naive mistake. Where's the sport in that, dorks? I am disappoint, CG.

well I was warned that this would be a tough crowd!

Most days CG is less "tough crowd" and more "group think, torch carrying, keyboard warriors with a side of condescension and patronization."

I long for the days of "tough crowd."

Just be yourself and you will be fine. Beware of those who have all the answers because they rarely know the question.

I just stumbled onto this thread and refuse to read it. What's the punch line here? :popcorn:

Late to the party :makepoint: You expect us to read through this crud and save you the pain?

Crud. I haven't heard that word since a Leave it to Beaver episode.

This thread started funny but got really sad. Good luck to you, OP! I don't think you'll find much success in your consignment venture, but I hope you find some somewhere!

This thread started funny but got really sad. Good luck to you, OP! I don't think you'll find much success in your consignment venture, but I hope you find some somewhere!

I apologise for my part in it, but it did start unwillingly.

:blush:

-slym

Yea to the OP- start buying Craigslist collections. Start small selling them here and make a name for yourself. It'll be a ton of work but you have to start somewhere.

Yea to the OP- start buying Craigslist collections. Start small selling them here and make a name for yourself. It'll be a ton of work but you have to start somewhere.

I've been able to find some good buys on craigslist, but you need a little seed money even for that. Although the op said he was aversed to it, minimum wage would pay far more than flipping books. If it were me, I would not quit my day job, as it were, and do comics on the side. In fact, this is what I and many of us here actually do (although I'm a collector and just sell on the side occasionally).

I've been able to find some good buys on craigslist, but you need a little seed money even for that. Although the op said he was aversed to it, minimum wage would pay far more than flipping books. If it were me, I would not quit my day job, as it were, and do comics on the side. In fact, this is what I and many of us here actually do (although I'm a collector and just sell on the side occasionally).

Well, that's a decision that has already been made for the OP, unfortunately.