• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask me anything and get to know me
1 1

409 posts in this topic

This thread started funny but got really sad. Good luck to you, OP! I don't think you'll find much success in your consignment venture, but I hope you find some somewhere!

haha thanks!

This thread started funny but got really sad. Good luck to you, OP! I don't think you'll find much success in your consignment venture, but I hope you find some somewhere!

Yea to the OP- start buying Craigslist collections. Start small selling them here and make a name for yourself. It'll be a ton of work but you have to start somewhere.

yup I found some good deals on craigslist and kijiji before and yes it will be a ton of work but I'm willing to work for it!

Yea to the OP- start buying Craigslist collections. Start small selling them here and make a name for yourself. It'll be a ton of work but you have to start somewhere.

I've been able to find some good buys on craigslist, but you need a little seed money even for that. Although the op said he was aversed to it, minimum wage would pay far more than flipping books. If it were me, I would not quit my day job, as it were, and do comics on the side. In fact, this is what I and many of us here actually do (although I'm a collector and just sell on the side occasionally).

I agree but that's what I want to do eventually once I stabilize myself financially

I've been able to find some good buys on craigslist, but you need a little seed money even for that. Although the op said he was aversed to it, minimum wage would pay far more than flipping books. If it were me, I would not quit my day job, as it were, and do comics on the side. In fact, this is what I and many of us here actually do (although I'm a collector and just sell on the side occasionally).

Well, that's a decision that has already been made for the OP, unfortunately.

yeah unfortunately that's true :(

Well, that's a decision that has already been made for the OP, unfortunately.

yeah unfortunately that's true :(

That's why I wrote, 'as it were.' Figure of speech. I'd dig ditches if I had to, but I'd have a job.

Whatever you do, though, best wishes and good luck!

When this made the news last summer, I was awe struck that this was preached rather than a usual amount of pandering that "celebrities" usually engage in with their audience. I would hope that the original poster would read this and maybe pause and think.

"What’s up? Oh wow. Okay okay, let’s be brutally honest — this is the old guy award, this is like the grandpa award and after this I gotta go to the geriatric home. Um, First of all, um, I don’t have a career without you guys. I don’t getta do any of the things I getta do without you. Um you know, I thought that uh, it might be interesting.. You know In Hollywood and in the industry and the stuff we do, there’s a lot of like insider secrets to keeping your career going, and a lot of insider secrets to making things tick. And I feel like a fraud.

My name is actually not even XXXXXX. XXXXXX is my middle name. My first name’s Chris. It always has been. It got changed when I was like 19 and I became an actor, but there are some really amazing things that I learned when I was Chris, and I wanted to share those things with you guys because I think it’s helped me be here today. So, it’s really 3 things. The first thing is about opportunity. The second thing is about being sexy. And the third thing is about living life.

So first opportunity. I believe that opportunity looks a lot like hard work. When I was 13 I had my first job with my Dad carrying shingles up to the roof, and then I got a job washing dishes at a restaurant, and then I got a job in a grocery store deli, and then I got a job in a factory sweeping Cheerio dust off the ground. And I’ve never had a job in my life that I was better than. I was always just lucky to have a job, and every job I had was a stepping stone to my next job and I never quit my job until I had my next job. And so opportunities look a lot like work.

Number two. Being sexy. The sexiest thing in the entire world, is being really smart. And being thoughtful. And being generous. Everything else is , I promise you. It’s just that people try to sell to you to make you feel like less, so don’t buy it. Be smart, be thoughtful, and be generous.

The third thing is something that I just re-learned when I was making this movie about Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs said when you grow up you tend to get told that the world is the way that it is, and that your life is to live your life inside the world and try not to get in too much trouble, and maybe get an education and get a job and make some money and have a family, but life can be a lot broader than that when you realize one simple thing, and that is that everything around us that we call life was made up by people who are no smarter than you, and you can build your own things, you can build your own life that other people can live in. So build a life. Don’t live one, build one. Find your opportunities, and always be sexy. I love you guys."

- The orator of this?

Chris "Ashton" Kutcher (Actor Film and TV - That 70's Show, Two and a Half Men

I just stumbled onto this thread and refuse to read it. What's the punch line here? :popcorn:

Late to the party :makepoint: You expect us to read through this crud and save you the pain?

Crud. I haven't heard that word since a Leave it to Beaver episode.

Party?

well I got fired because I couldn't learn fast enough I was a cashier for the first time and I had to learn how to use it and everything and I learned everything I had to in 2-3 days time but I couldn't learn the cigarettes and after 5 days I got fired!

That sucks.

:idea:

On the bright side now you have more time to focus on selling comics on consignment.

Isn't it illegal to fire someone because of a learning disability? Just sayin. Sounds like a lawsuit if you ask me. There's your chance to make more than minimum wage I guess...

well I didn't tell her I had a learning disability because I was afraid that I wouldn't get hired ironic huh?

You should be up front with that from now on in interviews. If they refuse to hire you based on that, contact the ADA.

well I got fired because I couldn't learn fast enough I was a cashier for the first time and I had to learn how to use it and everything and I learned everything I had to in 2-3 days time but I couldn't learn the cigarettes and after 5 days I got fired!

That sucks.

:idea:

On the bright side now you have more time to focus on selling comics on consignment.

Isn't it illegal to fire someone because of a learning disability? Just sayin. Sounds like a lawsuit if you ask me. There's your chance to make more than minimum wage I guess...

well I didn't tell her I had a learning disability because I was afraid that I wouldn't get hired ironic huh?

You should be up front with that from now on in interviews. If they refuse to hire you based on that, contact the ADA.

I think he should contact a legal aid society and see if he has a case now.

I"m starting an exotic car consignment. In order to streamline the process for both you and the buyer you can just sign the pink slip over to me and give me your banking information so when I sell that car I can get you your payment in the most hassle free manner possible! I do not pay shipping, so you'll have to find a carrier and pay the cost to have your car shipped to my home. I only have two spaces available in the garage so act now!

Nothing in life is easy. I was unemployed for 8 months and almost had to sell my house. Just took a night job in a warehouse working 14 hours a night for more then minimum wage but still not alot. Most people dont have it easy.

I feel ya. Do what you need to do. Some will never get it.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cash me outside ABINORMAL how bout dah pfffft haha :jokealert:

I don't speak Texan gibberish, though I do understand Okie.  Maybe someone can translate for you?

8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I don't speak Texan gibberish, though I do understand Okie.  Maybe someone can translate for you?

I'd rather go for a roll in the hay 

Roll in the hay roll in the hay 

:whatthe::shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM