• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask me anything and get to know me
1 1

409 posts in this topic

I'd just like to park this post here. It's from the original thread the OP posted soliciting commissions. If people haven't read it, perhaps they should.

There's some genuinely good advice in this thread, but also a lot of making fun of the OP that perhaps should be reconsidered.

*sigh*

I think a lot of boardies didn't realize there was simply something off about this kid. I reached out to him on facebook, where he had been posting a similar ad in a comic book group. He has a learning disability and perhaps other ailments that he didn't feel comfortable disclosing. My own brother has autism, and I realized Gabriel was acting quite similar to how my brother may act in certain situations.

Word to the wise, take a step back and think about what we're saying. The poor kid was in pretty rough shape when I did reach out to him over this situation.

Good Post, BF.

Gabriel,

You seem like a good kid who has ambition; however, you are directing that ambition blindly. "Drive" is great, as long as you have an idea of where you are going...no one can "give" you a map, as your destination is not going to be the same as mine, or Person A, or Person B. Stick with what you know, what you feel comfortable with, and what you are good at...until that (Voice Acting) takes off, find a "sure thing" to supplement your income. Once your Voice Acting career takes off (and I hope that it does), you can leave the supplemental income behind.

Lastly, if making profit, on comics, were as easy as buying a $100 book and selling it for $1,000, EVERYONE WOULD BE DOING IT.

Ron

P.S. ALWAYS take the Red Pill. ;)

thanks for the kind words but one of my goals in life is to not work a min wag job for the rest of my life and find something that I can learn to do and I decided on three main things comic books, coins and video games I may not know comic books right now but that's what I'm here to learn because having a min wage job for the rest of my life isn't my dream lol!

Not wanting to work a minimum wage job is a great goal; however, a goal, without a plan, is just a wish. My plan was college...I had to go to a community college, initially, but I was able to work my way up to a university, eventually (some employers will share the cost of tuition with you).

You seem to be looking for the easy way out...there is no easy way out. You also seem to be VERY selective on the posts that you read, and answer. Some of these guys, with a LOT more experience than I could every claim to have, have graciously taken their time to try and help you; you should be gracious and receptive, but you have just chosen to ignore everything they have said.

Good luck to you, and finding that easy way out.

:preach:

A min. wage job that give you opportunity, experience or assistance with education can lead to better things so don't judge all jobs by what they pay.

Don't make bad choices that could limit your choices in the future.

I'd just like to park this post here. It's from the original thread the OP posted soliciting commissions. If people haven't read it, perhaps they should.

There's some genuinely good advice in this thread, but also a lot of making fun of the OP that perhaps should be reconsidered.

*sigh*

I think a lot of boardies didn't realize there was simply something off about this kid. I reached out to him on facebook, where he had been posting a similar ad in a comic book group. He has a learning disability and perhaps other ailments that he didn't feel comfortable disclosing. My own brother has autism, and I realized Gabriel was acting quite similar to how my brother may act in certain situations.

Word to the wise, take a step back and think about what we're saying. The poor kid was in pretty rough shape when I did reach out to him over this situation.

Thanks for reposting that. I must have missed that the first time around. I agree. It is in our nature to give people a hard time on this site because of shill accounts and scammers but I do not think he is trying to scam anyone. I think the comic selling world is just new to him.

*sigh*

Good Post, BF.

Gabriel,

You seem like a good kid who has ambition; however, you are directing that ambition blindly. "Drive" is great, as long as you have an idea of where you are going...no one can "give" you a map, as your destination is not going to be the same as mine, or Person A, or Person B. Stick with what you know, what you feel comfortable with, and what you are good at...until that (Voice Acting) takes off, find a "sure thing" to supplement your income. Once your Voice Acting career takes off (and I hope that it does), you can leave the supplemental income behind.

Lastly, if making profit, on comics, were as easy as buying a $100 book and selling it for $1,000, EVERYONE WOULD BE DOING IT.

Ron

P.S. ALWAYS take the Red Pill. ;)

thanks for the kind words but one of my goals in life is to not work a min wag job for the rest of my life and find something that I can learn to do and I decided on three main things comic books, coins and video games I may not know comic books right now but that's what I'm here to learn because having a min wage job for the rest of my life isn't my dream lol!

Not wanting to work a minimum wage job is a great goal; however, a goal, without a plan, is just a wish. My plan was college...I had to go to a community college, initially, but I was able to work my way up to a university, eventually (some employers will share the cost of tuition with you).

You seem to be looking for the easy way out...there is no easy way out. You also seem to be VERY selective on the posts that you read, and answer. Some of these guys, with a LOT more experience than I could every claim to have, have graciously taken their time to try and help you; you should be gracious and receptive, but you have just chosen to ignore everything they have said.

Good luck to you, and finding that easy way out.

who said I'm looking for the easy way out? it's true that I may not respond to all the posts I see doesn't mean I'm not reading them!

A min. wage job that give you opportunity, experience or assistance with education can lead to better things so don't judge all jobs by what they pay.

I agree it's a stepping stone to gain experience and new opportunities but having someone with power over you like that is terrible I should know because I got fired today!

why did you have to respond so quickly, I was still making amendments to my post.
(shrug)

Doesn't this whole thing sound like Justin?

If true, your BFF is back!

I agree it's a stepping stone to gain experience and new opportunities but having someone with power over you like that is terrible I should know because I got fired today!

Why did you get fired? :eek:

In one form or another, there is always someone with power over you.

*sigh*

Thanks for reposting that. I must have missed that the first time around. I agree. It is in our nature to give people a hard time on this site because of shill accounts and scammers but I do not think he is trying to scam anyone. I think the comic selling world is just new to him.

man you are a supportive fellow I appreciate that and yes you are right the world of comics are new to me or should I say the world of buying and selling comics is new to me!

well I got fired because I couldn't learn fast enough I was a cashier for the first time and I had to learn how to use it and everything and I learned everything I had to in 2-3 days time but I couldn't learn the cigarettes and after 5 days I got fired!

Curious. You said your other hobbies; if you would, were video games and coins. Do you know much about either of those?

...and yea, why did ya get fired?

I know a bit about coins and I played video games my whole life and the one thing I'm proud of is I made $1000 profit in coins this year but sadly that didn't last long since I had to pay medical bills :(

hey guys I decided to make this thread because of the previous posts I made with consignments wanted, x-men 1 for sale and so on so I will take the best advice that someone gave me on this forum. I will prove myself to be trustworthy by making transactions with people and also since people don't really know who I am or anything about me so I decided that you can ask me anything to get to know me better!

262xhmv.jpg