• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask me anything and get to know me
1 1

409 posts in this topic

Hopefully this has not been posted yet - if it has, I apologize in advance.

That should be a 'must watch' before you can ever sign into an account for the first time.

We also need a training on 'how to properly embed' - even for the older posters...., :think:

That should be a 'must watch' before you can ever sign into an account for the first time.

We also need a training on 'how to properly embed' - even for the older posters...., :think:

Oh, I know how to embed. I did it that way on purpose as it takes up band width and slows the loading of the page down when it's quoted multiple times.

;)

Checked out your for sale thread. It perfectly illustrates the fact that you don't understand the comic market. $10 to ship a $2 comic? Step back for a minute and consider what person pays $12 net for a $2 comic. Then consider how much labor you would expend for a potential profit of what, .50-$1.00? You clearly don't understand or haven't thought any of this through. Now I'm not a board expert like some of these folks, but I'm in tune enough to offer you this criticism.

Oh I also have a question - if the moon were made of cheese, would you eat it?

will-ferrell-harry-caray-copy-300x271.jpg

I know I would.

"If you were a hotdog, would you eat yourself? I know I would... I'd slather myself in mustard..."

:lol:

-slym

I'd just like to park this post here. It's from the original thread the OP posted soliciting commissions. If people haven't read it, perhaps they should.

There's some genuinely good advice in this thread, but also a lot of making fun of the OP that perhaps should be reconsidered.

*sigh*

I think a lot of boardies didn't realize there was simply something off about this kid. I reached out to him on facebook, where he had been posting a similar ad in a comic book group. He has a learning disability and perhaps other ailments that he didn't feel comfortable disclosing. My own brother has autism, and I realized Gabriel was acting quite similar to how my brother may act in certain situations.

Word to the wise, take a step back and think about what we're saying. The poor kid was in pretty rough shape when I did reach out to him over this situation.

I'd just like to park this post here. It's from the original thread the OP posted soliciting commissions. If people haven't read it, perhaps they should.

There's some genuinely good advice in this thread, but also a lot of making fun of the OP that perhaps should be reconsidered.

*sigh*

I think a lot of boardies didn't realize there was simply something off about this kid. I reached out to him on facebook, where he had been posting a similar ad in a comic book group. He has a learning disability and perhaps other ailments that he didn't feel comfortable disclosing. My own brother has autism, and I realized Gabriel was acting quite similar to how my brother may act in certain situations.

Word to the wise, take a step back and think about what we're saying. The poor kid was in pretty rough shape when I did reach out to him over this situation.

Good Post, BF.

Gabriel,

You seem like a good kid who has ambition; however, you are directing that ambition blindly. "Drive" is great, as long as you have an idea of where you are going...no one can "give" you a map, as your destination is not going to be the same as mine, or Person A, or Person B. Stick with what you know, what you feel comfortable with, and what you are good at...until that (Voice Acting) takes off, find a "sure thing" to supplement your income. Once your Voice Acting career takes off (and I hope that it does), you can leave the supplemental income behind.

Lastly, if making profit, on comics, were as easy as buying a $100 book and selling it for $1,000, EVERYONE WOULD BE DOING IT.

Ron

P.S. ALWAYS take the Red Pill. ;)

Edited by rec1978

*sigh*

Good Post, BF.

Gabriel,

You seem like a good kid who has ambition; however, you are directing that ambition blindly. "Drive" is great, as long as you have an idea of where you are going...no one can "give" you a map, as your destination is not going to be the same as mine, or Person A, or Person B. Stick with what you know, what you feel comfortable with, and what you are good at...until that (Voice Acting) takes off, find a "sure thing" to supplement your income. Once your Voice Acting career takes off (and I hope that it does), you can leave the supplemental income behind.

Lastly, if making profit, on comics, were as easy as buying a $100 book and selling it for $1,000, EVERYONE WOULD BE DOING IT.

Ron

P.S. ALWAYS take the Red Pill. ;)

thanks for the kind words but one of my goals in life is to not work a min wag job for the rest of my life and find something that I can learn to do and I decided on three main things comic books, coins and video games I may not know comic books right now but that's what I'm here to learn because having a min wage job for the rest of my life isn't my dream lol!

OK, good. Then learn about comics and the industry, and do that by reading and chatting, asking questions and buying and selling.

Don't try to jump right into selling on others' behalf with no experience or knowledge, offering to charge twice as much as people with decades of experience.

You are in danger of making yourself a laughing stock with this consignment stuff, and since you appear to have good intentions and, by your own admission, a learning disability, I wouldn't like to see that happen. My strong advice to you is just to drop it entirely at this point.

OK, good. Then learn about comics and the industry, and do that by reading and chatting, asking questions and buying and selling.

Don't try to jump right into selling on others' behalf with no experience or knowledge, offering to charge twice as much as people with decades of experience.

You are in danger of making yourself a laughing stock with this consignment stuff, and since you appear to have good intentions and, by your own admission, a learning disability, I wouldn't like to see that happen. My strong advice to you is just to drop it entirely at this point.

Have you seen his sales thread? :facepalm:

Whoah that was great! I should have watched it before I first went on these threads for the first time. Hilarious but on the money.

the consignments wanted thread?

Cliff notes:

Young, ambitious fellow wishes to make it big selling comic books. Lacks business acumen and expertise in comics, BUT compensates with moxy and keeping a cool head. Some snide comments from boardies, but also legitimate, caring advice.

thanks right now moxy and a cool head is all I got lol

You're a good sport. So many noobs receiving the responses you have received would have already devolved into butthurt, defensive name calling, whining, playing the bullying card, and impending FDQ exit.

As far as comics are concerned, we all had to start somewhere whether it be as a reader, collector, or seller, or all three. All kidding aside, best of luck.

Just know one thing, if you scam people here or engage in shady buying/selling techniques, you will be figuratively strung up by your intestines. (thumbs u

the consignments wanted thread?

Yes. That and the whole idea of running a consignment business for the forseeable future.

Cliff notes:

Young, ambitious fellow wishes to make it big selling comic books. Lacks business acumen and expertise in comics, BUT compensates with moxy and keeping a cool head. Some snide comments from boardies, but also legitimate, caring advice.

thanks right now moxy and a cool head is all I got lol

You're a good sport. So many noobs receiving the responses you have received would have already devolved into butthurt, defensive name calling, whining, playing the bullying card, and impending FDQ exit.

As far as comics are concerned, we all had to start somewhere whether it be as a reader, collector, or seller, or all three. All kidding aside, best of luck.

Just know one thing, if you scam people here or engage in shady buying/selling techniques, you will be figuratively strung up by your intestines. (thumbs u

thanks you don't need to worry I'm not here to scam people and can you check my sales thread and see if the image link works? because people are telling me it's not working and yet it's working for me!