• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask me anything and get to know me
1 1

409 posts in this topic

After reading everything here, I have to say I admire the fact that he wants to work and start a business. I wish more kids felt that way. I feel like something is just off here though, so I don't want to pile on the guy.

Good luck and keep working hard. I only recommend that you listen to the genuine advice you got from those that know the craft and try the avenues they recommended.

haha I feel the opposite. I wish more kids would think it through before starting something up. Remember, the OP didn't come here looking for information, he's advertising his consignment business. His temperament seems reasonable and accepting criticism and advice are very valuable skills, but he has shown that he hasn't really done ANY work yet.

I do feel the world needs more young people with entrepreneurial goals, but in today's world EVERYONE has access to all kinds of information, so to start anything without proper research smells at worst like a scam, and at best, a pleasant kid who doesn't get it and has already ruined his chances at ever taking a consignment on these boards.

your right I didn't come looking for information when I made that consignment post it came to me and I do read the useful bits of info that people give me here, like I've said before I'm willing to learn what it takes to get to the level that you guys are I know it takes years of experience to do this but I'm willing to work for it and if I can even come close to gators level some day I will be very proud of myself!

I never said anything was "off" with you as an individual. That would be very disrespectful and I would not say anything like that to/or about you. I just feel like there is something we don't know.

I'm glad I just enjoy my little hobby,somehow to me selling would take all the fun out of it. I've been collecting for 40 years,and even I don't think I have the courage to go all the way to selling books.

You gotta give it to this guy. He has moxy!

After his consignment ad and the overpriced X-Men #1…and he's still here putting up with who knows what from the CG board.

WTTB!

After his consignment ad and the overpriced X-Men #1…and he's still here putting up with who knows what from the CG board.

WTTB!

You are so right, lol. But I think it's gong to work in his favor.....

Ok, I've got three: 1)Sinatra or Tony Bennett? 2)Rolling Stones or the Beatles? 3)Michael Jackson or Prince? At least get two out of my three

Sinatra... Why waste a question?

:sumo:

Ok, I've got three: 1)Sinatra or Tony Bennett? 2)Rolling Stones or the Beatles? 3)Michael Jackson or Prince? At least get two out of my three

Sinatra... Why waste a question?

:sumo:

Thanks, lol. And that's one out of three I would have picked too.

I never said anything was "off" with you as an individual. That would be very disrespectful and I would not say anything like that to/or about you. I just feel like there is something we don't know.

okay well you can pm me if you want to ask me there

1) Sinatra

2) Rolling stones

3) Prince

my guesses!

WTTB!

lol thanks what can I say I'm determined!

1) Sinatra

2) Rolling stones

3) Prince

my guesses!

You're a good sport( I would've picked MJ over Prince,)but you got two out of three(even if a fellow boardie gave you one). Good luck with your goal here, but it will take time and trust. Listen to the advise.

WTTB!

You are so right, lol. But I think it's gong to work in his favor.....

you think so? well I'm a determined person when I want to be!

Hopefully this has not been posted yet - if it has, I apologize in advance.

Hopefully this has not been posted yet - if it has, I apologize in advance.

That should be a 'must watch' before you can ever sign into an account for the first time.

1) Sinatra

2) Rolling stones

3) Prince

my guesses!

You're a good sport( I would've picked MJ over Prince,)but you got two out of three(even if a fellow boardie gave you one). Good luck with your goal here, but it will take time and trust. Listen to the advise.

thanks I will Iisted two comics to start off with!