• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

Totally agree. I spend a lot of time screaming at the TV screen. I'm just saying we got to accept that they're gonna do stuff that pisses us off, but it's still cool that they're attempting this crazy idea at all.

Agreed. Each week of TV is more amazing as to what we are getting to see.

As for Capt Boomerang, and Weather Wizard, it's strikes me that these were such colorful fantastically unrealistic villains in the original comics. And it's a shame that they must now be portrayed "realistically" as mercs, and radiation altered freaks. But, I'd have to agree with the producers than the foppish and outlandish costumes and crimes from the early Flash issues would be more Pow Bam Batman than what audiences want today.

You're right about that. That would likely not fly with current audiences. But they're going a little farther out on that limb than ever before, compared to say Arrow or even Smallville ( and I hate to use this comparison but there it is ) They're playing with both if you consider Flash's costume is kind of half-way there as far as comic book interpretation. It's like they're trying to find a balance.

yes, the crossovers are real comic book stuff gone real!

As for Flash's costume, its still the leathery X-Men style as opposed to kool aid colored skin tight spandex (like comics) which, lets face it, nobody wants to see in live action.

and Arrows hood is just as silly as Batmans cape. No way he can fight in it when 60% of his vision (up right and left) is blocked like that!