• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

I don't know...what is confusing is they may be splitting the character.

Eddie doesn't seem all that brilliant. Wells looked too thin to be the reverse Flash, but I've always thought he'd be Professor Zoom.

Perhaps he's really concerned with protecting the world from something in the future. If they Flash is not around, it seems that there are disastrous consequences. For example, the PO was out of business in one headline

What throws me off is the voice...and the empty costume.

Maybe in this version Professor Zoom and the reverse Flash or two different people

I'm a little confused as well. I know DC did a lot with characters after I stopped collecting back in the 70's.

Are Professor Zoom and Reverse Flash 2 different iterations of the villain?

In other words, i.e. different secret identities?

I only know the RF from the silver age comics, but RF and Prof Zoom were both nicknames for him (Thawne). I think he was also from 500 years ahead, so 2463 most likely when he first appeared in Flash 139

On the show- Im wondering if Wells is a descendant of Eddie, and maybe thats the reason he didnt hurt him

As far as why Wells is helping Barry if he really is the RF- that one is easy imo. Every episode Wells talks (as did RF last episode) about how important the future is, destiny, etc. He seems to think that the things that happened in the future are set in stone and must happen that way. He sees it as his destiny to combat Flash at his full power. He's been protecting Barry and helping him advance his power so Barry can become the high level superhero RF feels he eventually needs to face. His motives arent good, theyre based on what he feels must happen

Thanks Bill, that makes sense.

As the old adage goes, every villain is the hero in their own story.

Have to say last night's episode was pretty damn good!

It was somewhat obvious in the beginning of the series that Wells would be the reverse Flash, but then it became too obvious, and then during the episode it seemed like Eddie, with a great twist at the end. Overall, well done although a bit confusing ... because I still don't know if it is Eddie or if it is Wells hahahaha

Why did he beat the out of Well? As a diversion?

Tell you what, I'm not sure - and I'm also not one who firmly believes he's Zoom yet.

I think there's a twist we maybe haven't thought of yet.

It just seems too weird to me.

this is a good read that make you think about it event more,

The Flash: What Did That Last Scene Mean?

There's more than one character who's called himself the Reverse-Flash or Professor Zoom. The first, Eobard Thawne, is a time-traveling supervillain who drew his powers from the speed force like Barry Allen did, who had comparable speed and powers but who used them for evil.

The second, Hunter Zolomon, was somebody who fancied himself a friend and aide to The Flash.

"My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive. I am Zoom. But I am not a Rogue. Far from it. I have taken the name and colors from Eobard Thawne -- the time traveler know as Professor Zoom -- in order to terrorize my friend. Wally West. The Flash. I suffered through tragedy. I lost my family to it. I understand the depths it will drag one down to. And only by surviving it does one become stronger. I will recreate myself to help my friend and in turn -- the world. I will do anything to make the Flash a better hero."

He wasn't technically faster than The Flash, though; his powers worked a little differently and involved manipulation of time, allowing him to basically move between seconds, appearing fast but in fact moving at normal speed, just in a way that made him nearly impossible to hit.

...And let's not get into the fact that the jagged black at the bottom of the Reverse-Flash costume is reminiscent of Daniel West, the brother of Iris and current Reverse-Flash in the New 52.

time travel is in the offing because they have the treadmill. SO far its just a test device, but sooner or later Barry will go so fast he will disappear into the future. Or Wells will manipulate it to become a time travel treadmill.

Who invented it in the comics? can't remember...

maybe!