• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

not a whole lot of space in those detention cells

that must suck being stuck in there, no trial-- no recourse, no rehab. Summary judgement that you are bad and will be detained forever.

:o

I was actually think about that last night when they caught that woman.

- No court

- No jury

- No appeal

But then I put it aside to see where this goes.

How about food, clothing, sanitation? Is Cisco cooking meals for the inmates? I think not.

Total suspension of reality. Which for the subject matter is ok I guess... (shrug)

lol

I actually was wondering if a toilet is tucked into the wall. I mean - they are human. Right?

:blush:

THE WELLS FLUSHER 3000

Watch your future just............wash away

lol

It's an awfully small room. :sick:

They maybe should have had them put into suspended animation - now there's a term you haven't heard used in a while - so they needn't be tended to during incarceration.

not a whole lot of space in those detention cells

that must suck being stuck in there, no trial-- no recourse, no rehab. Summary judgement that you are bad and will be detained forever.

I want to know who feeds them, or the meta humans don't have to eat

It looked like as his mind progressed his cognitive functions improved and they conveyed this by showing the improvements in his hand writing.

It was a great episode with a lot of good scenes. Probably the best that didn't have anything to do with the reverse flash. I liked the ode to glee, Barry learned how to make a girl like you 101 and the bullet catch was sweet.

Maybe he'll dance in one of the episodes.

Beyond being an inhuman and illegal form of confinement, the reactor being filled with metahuman baddies is in the top 10 bad ideas of all time.

It's LITERALLY a powderkeg waiting to blow....as evidenced by what happens ANY time ANY of the inmates get out.

What ever happened to due process? Who died and left Wells, Cisco, Caitlin and Barry the wardens of these folks? Shouldn't they be obligated to at least discuss these folks with the government? It may not be ideal but they're definitely not empowered by any authority, even a moral one to lock down these 'dangerous' types simply because they can't guarantee the safety of the community or even the inmates themselves.

It's a raging miscarriage of justice and even the Justice League doesn't play like that. Only Wells could have pulled off some sorta rationalization that it's o.k. do this sort of thing.

It might have proved to be a useful 'temporary' solution until they could shuttle the baddies elsewhere, but in it's current form it's tantamount to Guantamo for metas.

Beyond being an inhuman and illegal form of confinement, the reactor being filled with metahuman baddies is in the top 10 bad ideas of all time.

It's LITERALLY a powderkeg waiting to blow....as evidenced by what happens ANY time ANY of the inmates get out.

What ever happened to due process? Who died and left Wells, Cisco, Caitlin and Barry the wardens of these folks? Shouldn't they be obligated to at least discuss these folks with the government? It may not be ideal but they're definitely not empowered by any authority, even a moral one to lock down these 'dangerous' types simply because they can't guarantee the safety of the community or even the inmates themselves.

It's a raging miscarriage of justice and even the Justice League doesn't play like that. Only Wells could have pulled off some sorta rationalization that it's o.k. do this sort of thing.

It might have proved to be a useful 'temporary' solution until they could shuttle the baddies elsewhere, but in it's current form it's tantamount to Guantamo for metas.

I thought about that too, but I decided I didn't care ...

How about food, clothing, sanitation? Is Cisco cooking meals for the inmates? I think not.

Total suspension of reality. Which for the subject matter is ok I guess... (shrug)

Saw this posted on facebook

The Flash tv show is okay so far. But is anyone else find the supervillain "gulag" run by Cisco Ramon kind of creepy?

They lock the bad guys in a little 5X5 padded room and then act like it's justified to leave them there in solitary confinement--no lawyer or trial, no hope--just sitting there staring at the wall till they die. Not even sure how they can eat, keep clean, poop, etc...

They may be bad guys, but hey, do they deserve this kind of torture?! The teleporting woman in the latest episode was not even that evil; she had a misguided attraction to her felonious boyfriend, but they just lock her in there and slam the door like she is a bug in a jar. I find this element of The Flash disturbing.

Saw this posted on facebook

The Flash tv show is okay so far. But is anyone else find the supervillain "gulag" run by Cisco Ramon kind of creepy?

They lock the bad guys in a little 5X5 padded room and then act like it's justified to leave them there in solitary confinement--no lawyer or trial, no hope--just sitting there staring at the wall till they die. Not even sure how they can eat, keep clean, poop, etc...

They may be bad guys, but hey, do they deserve this kind of torture?! The teleporting woman in the latest episode was not even that evil; she had a misguided attraction to her felonious boyfriend, but they just lock her in there and slam the door like she is a bug in a jar. I find this element of The Flash disturbing.

I assume they will all be 'taught a lesson' at some point. The Flash team. I mean. Assuming this takes place in the same universe as the arrow, I can't believe Waller/Argus doesn't have some interest in the Rogues. The others are MUCH younger than Wells, and respected as a scientist (at least by his team). I could see him making a compelling argument that despite the civil liberties breaches, its just too dangerous to do things any other way and that there is some 'scientific' benefit to keeping the people monitored there.

I don't question the Flash team accepting it. I'm more surprised that the supposed family center of the show, Joe, doesn't have more of an issue both as a cop and a human.

They could have easily created some concept of a way of putting the crooks into a state of suspension - where they were unconscious and their metabolism slowed so they don't need any sustenance, with the idea that they were creating a special facility to hold and maybe even study them to try to figure out how to revert them back to humans. I could see even the other (TV) DC universe shows using this super-villain detention facility. One mass breakout and you have your rogues.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't consider this huge plot hole from the get-go.

They could have easily created some concept of a way of putting the crooks into a state of suspension - where they were unconscious and their metabolism slowed so they don't need any sustenance, with the idea that they were creating a special facility to hold and maybe even study them to try to figure out how to revert them back to humans. I could see even the other (TV) DC universe shows using this super-villain detention facility. One mass breakout and you have your rogues.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't consider this huge plot hole from the get-go.

maybe they're just trolling people to see how long they could do it before people got mad? like an office betting pool.

Funny! Someone who's twitter-savvy should shoot Grant Gustin a tweet to stop illegally imprisoning super-villains and see if he responds about it, or just dances around the subject ;-)

At the end of the day my panties aren't that bunched up about the villains rotting in the burnt out reactor.....BUT my common sense detector went into the red thinking that normal folk might have some issues with illegal detainment.

For the sake of the show I'll live with it because I dig the rest of the enchilada.

I hear ya, but I don't think you're alone in wanting the show to share a little more continuity with the known universe.

I agree. Having said all the negatives surrounding the reactor it's apparent that Wells is the impetus behind all that action. Cisco or Caitlin or Barry would have never been spearheading those decisions. When the truth is known about Wells, every pie he had his finger in will be called into question, but for now they've all bought into the extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures byline.