• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

yeah its kinda weird- unless by the end of the season all of the villains escape for a big rogues team up? maybe at that point the team figures that was a stupid idea. maybe RF lets 'em all out?

at any rate, who's locked up? Piper got away. The teleporting girl is there. The high school bully/ metal guy is dead. anyone other than the girl in there? cant remember.

what I dont get about the character (cant remember if Broome ever addressed it in the SA)- how in the world can the flash run so far? just cause he's fast means he can get from point a to point b quicker. but how does that give him the ability to run say 50 miles at a time? maybe he's in shape and can run 5 miles no problem, and do it in a couple seconds- but who's in shape to run 50 miles?

To paraphrase Jessica Rabbit, "they are just drawn that way".

Do we ever try to figure out how Thor can survive in space, how Superman can have heat or xRay vision (let alone all the other stuff) , how Daredevil and Batman patrol all night without sleeping? How GL's ring can really work? How Conga Bill could switch brains with the Goldden Ape and how Lois Lane could be SO dumb that she couldn't figure out Clark was Superman?

:gossip:they aren't real;) I just enjoy the stories,lol

yeah its kinda weird- unless by the end of the season all of the villains escape for a big rogues team up? maybe at that point the team figures that was a stupid idea. maybe RF lets 'em all out?

at any rate, who's locked up? Piper got away. The teleporting girl is there. The high school bully/ metal guy is dead. anyone other than the girl in there? cant remember.

what I dont get about the character (cant remember if Broome ever addressed it in the SA)- how in the world can the flash run so far? just cause he's fast means he can get from point a to point b quicker. but how does that give him the ability to run say 50 miles at a time? maybe he's in shape and can run 5 miles no problem, and do it in a couple seconds- but who's in shape to run 50 miles?

Do we ever try to figure out how Thor can survive in space, how Superman can have heat or xRay vision (let alone all the other stuff) , how Daredevil and Batman patrol all night without sleeping? How GL's ring can really work? How Conga Bill could switch brains with the Goldden Ape and how Lois Lane could be SO dumb that she couldn't figure out Clark was Superman?

well Im not losing sleep over it, ha. That said, as you can see on this thread a number of people dont like blatant holes in the writing (such as toileting issues at star labs). Way I see it, Id like to see a show like this with some improbable things (like Flash, time travel, etc) surrounded by more practical things (toilet situation)

There actually was a book published maybe a decade ago (?) that covered the impracticality of super hero powers. Didnt pick it up, wouldnt mind browsing it.

I agree, to me the fun of this superhero stuff is when you mix the impossible against the 'real' world, and see how they react. Its kinda dumb to not have someone question the 'prison' system, but its insane to not have toilets.

I don't expect to see a toilet, but how about a panel in the wall that can flip down and serve as a toilet, like one of those old time ironing boards....the prisons should be made a bit larger to accommodate maybe a shower once in a while? Or how about a chair or are you supposed to pace back and forth like a caged tiger. This place is making Arkham look like Club Med, or one of those drawings of a North Korean prison that has been smuggled out.

Edited by krighton

well Im not losing sleep over it, ha. That said, as you can see on this thread a number of people dont like blatant holes in the writing (such as toileting issues at star labs). Way I see it, Id like to see a show like this with some improbable things (like Flash, time travel, etc) surrounded by more practical things (toilet situation)

There actually was a book published maybe a decade ago (?) that covered the impracticality of super hero powers. Didnt pick it up, wouldnt mind browsing it.

There was an unofficial book to the TV show "Heroes" called The Science of Heroes. It's fun read that can be found in some dollar stores still.

There was an unofficial book to the TV show "Heroes" called The Science of Heroes. It's fun read that can be found in some dollar stores still.

Sounds cool. The book i saw years ago in barnes and nobles was pretty thick and the writer got pretty darn in depth with actual science and how it would affect superheroes. At the time it looked like it got way too in depth and boring for me. That said, i only went to a state college so it is what it is, heh.

At any rate, i find a lot of this supernatural stuff highly entertaing the more you stick it in realistic surroundings. Helps keep suspension of disbelief and all that

Make no mistake, this is a fun show and it keeps me wanting for more

Don't worry about it. Even the simplest thing that doesn't need a lot of explaining might turn even a boardie on here into a superhero.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=252203&Number=5534678#Post5534678

lol

Just FTR I think they're moving a bit too "FAST" with the storyline. I think it's premature for Barry to travel back in time and start futzing with the past.

There were YEARS of storylines before Flashpoint....and it seems like they're in a hurry to get there. There's so much ground to be covered before that.

Oh well, not really a complaint but I guess we'll see how this pans out.

I think they're all doing it fast - Gotham for example is introducing a new child who will grow into a major villain each week. Arrow is alive after being dead like a half an episode. It's like a race for gods sake. But I'd rather have that then endless buildups to something. Tonight's Arrow should be interesting . . .

I thought the writing felt tighter. hm

What an ending. What the heck . . . :o

Agreed. Super episode.

+1

I loved the ending. Now I just have to avoid the Arrow spoilers for a day or two...