• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

So am I the only one who thought it was ? The acting was boring and the characters cliched.

So am I the only one who thought it was ? The acting was boring and the characters cliched.

No, I felt the same. As soon as they hinted at the love interest with the girl he lived with less than 10 minutes in I felt it was very cliché.

Well, why would they write out Iris West? She is kind of a major part of the story. Of course they are going to incorporate their story into the show.

And after watching the show a second time Harrison Wells does appear to most likely be Reverse Flash/Eobard Thawne.

No, I felt the same. As soon as they hinted at the love interest with the girl he lived with less than 10 minutes in I felt it was very cliché.

I thought it was more cheesey than interesting. I'm gonna try to stick around for a few more episodes.

I thought it was more cheesey than interesting. I'm gonna try to stick around for a few more episodes.

Agreed. Has anybody else noticed that these TV shows based on comic books are a let down after watching the Marvel movies and Nolan Batman/Man of Steel?

Hopefully now Constantine will be the surprise? :wishluck:

I had seen the preview online so I wasn't surprised by much. It was better than I had imagined they could do but they still have a ways to go. I like the lightheartedness of it compared to other DC film and tv but it needs to ripen. The costume didn't look as good as it did when I saw it in photos, but they added the insignia and maybe they'll tinker with it a bit and make it look better. I'm still scratching my head over the casting of this. He's so skinny, hopefully Ollie can help him beef up a little. Interesting that might be a reality and not simply a plot line.

One scene where he was talking to his dad in prison struck me - Barry looks like Wally West and his father looks like an old Barry Allen. I wonder if they purposely blended the looks of Wally onto the character of Barry to try to appeal to the fans of both Flashes. It's a little kooky but perhaps brilliant at the same time. But what do I know.

Thought about Halloween - it's a few weeks away and some people haven't even bought costumes for their kids yet. With the young appeal of the show and accessibility of his powers (kids love to run fast - I did and I was slow as a turtle) maybe there will be a spike in Flash costume sales.

:idea:

PS THE DESTROYED CAGE WITH A GRODD NAMEPLATE WAS AWESOME!

I enjoyed it. Definitely a must watch each week for now. Unfortunately I guess it will have to air for 9-10 years to find out what happens at the end when you see a clip of the future.....

I enjoyed it. Definitely a must watch each week for now. Unfortunately I guess it will have to air for 9-10 years to find out what happens at the end when you see a clip of the future.....

They are not afraid to play with the idea of time travel.