• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

The first half of the show was not good. I was really, really worried.

The second half was much better, but I'm still not wholly convinced. Some of the acting was amateurish, and the dialogue was very corny.

I'm not happy that already 5 people know that Barry Allen is the Flash. Whatever happened to a secret identity?

I enjoyed it and the Redder Flash costume in the future newspaper. Along with the Red Skies reference.

I'd like to see the costume evolve - but maybe he needs to bulk up a bit more before he dons a skin-tight red suit :/

I think they are going for a more sleek approach this time. The early 90's bulk just never really looked right.

theflash_zps04354d2b.jpg

Plus I always figured Flash would look like one of the best Olympic runners, lean and sleek. I mean he is burning some major calories :D

One thing to note that neither live action adaptation has had the balls to do so far... is the YELLOW BOOTS ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

I think they are going for a more sleek approach this time. The early 90's bulk just never really looked right.

theflash_zps04354d2b.jpg

Plus I always figured Flash would look like one of the best Olympic runners, lean and sleek. I mean he is burning some major calories :D

One thing to note that neither live action adaptation has had the balls to do so far... is the YELLOW BOOTS ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Agree.

This looks too lumpy :P

Arrow has it's cliche moments, but they're minor. Flash, on the other hand, was filled with cliched moments. The actions scenes were good, and it has enough promise to keep watching, but they will have to cut down the cliches, or this will be as unwatchable as SHIELD.

Glad to see Jesse L. Martin in this though.

Edited by Hawkman

THE FLASH Producer Andrew Kreisberg Addresses That Shocking Final Scene

At the end of last night's series premiere of The Flash, we saw Harrison Wells rise out of his wheelchair and look at a newspaper dated 10 years from now which revealed that the Scarlet Speedster had gone missing in an event which sounds an awful lot like Final Crisis. "Time travel is going to play a big part in the overall series, but one of the things that we will discover is that time is mutable," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg told Entertainment Weekly when asked about the twist. However, it also sounds as if it's not something set in stone. "As the good Doctor says, time can be rewritten, so not everything you see on the show is necessarily what’s going to come to pass and not necessarily everything that’s happened is fixed."

I had figured they used the word "Crisis" for a reason. Maybe they're setting up for a Flashpoint storyline?

I'm sure we are going to see many elements combined from some of Geoff John's most recent Flash works. I just hope they don't mangle the whole time travel thing, as it can be a very tricky subject.

It could have been way worse.

It`s a start. I am hoping that the movie version will be closer to the Carmine Infantino version. It`s good that the Flash will get some new mainstream appeal.

So I will continue to watch and here`s hoping the movie version will be closer to the classic Flash we read in the comics. (thumbs u

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

It could have been way worse.

It`s a start. I am hoping that the movie version will be closer to the Carmine Infantino version. It`s good that the Flash will get some new mainstream appeal.

So I will continue to watch and here`s hoping the movie version will be closer to the classic Flash we read in the comics. (thumbs u

That would be so sweet, but I wouldn't count on it. Jeff Johns is writing this stuff, right? Or at least contributing. I figure it'll be along his groove more than Broome/Infantino's. Skinny runner Flash is Infantino-esque though, so we have that at least. And they kept his basic lightning/chemicals origin, although the chemicals don't seem to have mattered. I do wish they could have gotten this shot in:

Flash_Origin_01.jpg

That would have kept me geeked for a month! :)

Just wait for the Adam Strange Show. That should be classic SA fare. :wishluck: