• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

I get low ball offers all the time, I decline and usually laugh at it. when someone has a problem with that, I just ignore it. Nothing will come out of it, I just don't want to waste my time

Edited by HOTFLIPS

I seem to remember the owner of this is a member here and had a thread about this going up for sale....

People sometimes confuse 'rare' with 'valuable'

Are you speaking of my sense of humour mate?! lol:baiting:

:banana:

:tonofbricks:

Blocked these ______, If you have any Star wars that is high grade, It is obvious that they are manipulated the price for GPA,

They both have False addresses and a Phone number that is out of service.

They did this to me with the same CGC 9.8 Star Wars #1. It is relisted

marwea-zdbnov5

uscon-1c8gj

Edited by HOTFLIPS

Blocked these ______, If you have any Star wars that is high grade, It is obvious that they are manipulated the price for GPA,

They both have False addresses and a Phone number that is out of service.

They did this to me with the same CGC 9.8 Star Wars #1. It is relisted

marwea-zdbnov5

uscon-1c8gj

Just got off the phone with eBay and it turns out that these 2 deadbeats are the same 1 Loser. There IP address was identical

Edited by HOTFLIPS

I'm curious how many people see a low ball offer as a sign of disrespect. Seems silly to me to attach such emotion over it. And for those that do do you also find someone listing a book way above fmv as a sign of disrespect towards buyers?

I consider a low ball offer rude. A small percentage of value for a book that is a key and easy to sell and hard to replace doesn't show any respect for me or my book. I don't get mad or rude but it does bother me.

I also don't like sellers asking way over fmv for a book. There's tons of them on ebay asking 2 or 3 times fmv hoping to find a sucker or someone who''ll start negotiating way too high and end up paying too much.

Exactly torch. I had a WD #2 9.4 listed for $350 obo FREE SHIPPING (people don't get that it cost $20 to ship and insure a $300 book plus fees etc.) Got 5 offers. The lowest one was $180 the highest was $265. Last guy emailed me and asked my lowest, told him 3 and a quarter, he agreed and deal was done. Doesn't bother me that I got low offers, I just counter and they decline. All this time and people still think they'll get a #2 graded for $200, sorry not gonna happen anytime soon.

not always a matter of 'thinking you'll get one for $200', more of 'hoping I'll get one $200, why not make an offer?'

What if the book is $3,000? Is a $200 offer anything other than a waste of someone's time? Does the buyer really imagine that a seller, who established an asking price of $3,000, which is somewhere around FMV, would then take $200?

That's just fantasy, and a waste of both the potential buyer's and seller's time.

(yes I realize there's the potential to get blocked for lowballing. I'm willing to take that risk in some cases) there's an autoblock option, not my fault or problem if a person utilizes it or not.

they've chosen to use a site where 'offers' can be made. If I'm making a good faith offer with intent to pay upon acceptance according to the rules of the site we've both agree to be using, then that's all it is. An offer, nothing more, nothing less. Not an 'eff you and your product and your sister', just 'will you accept this price for this item'. You can accept, ignore, reject, counter according to your own preferences as you would any other offer. If that's too much work, why not set the auto-reject?

As I said earlier: it's easy to set an auto-reject for 3, 5, 10 items....not so much for 1,000.

I guess I just don't see what the big deal is...

It isn't a big deal. Just something worth discussing.

My goodness, this thread is truly something else.

It is not disrespectful to send someone a lowball offer. Just ignore it if you don't like it, stop whining about it, I can't stand it anymore. Business is business. Stop getting butt hurt.

This is just a discussion, a discussion that interests and affects many people. No one has "whined" about it, and no one is "butt hurt" except Elektra101 (which he admitted), and donmeca (who has not.)

Why potentially alienate people by characterizing a good discussion as "whining"? Is everyone only allowed to discuss things the way you would like?

My goodness, this thread is truly something else.

It is not disrespectful to send someone a lowball offer. Just ignore it if you don't like it, stop whining about it, I can't stand it anymore. Business is business. Stop getting butt hurt.

This is just a discussion, a discussion that interests and affects many people. No one has "whined" about it, and no one is "butt hurt" except Elektra101 (which he admitted), and donmeca (who has not.)

Why potentially alienate people by characterizing a good discussion as "whining"? Is everyone only allowed to discuss things the way you would like?

why would i be butt hurt or whine about this?? your friend Elektra who has not reappeared any longer on this site made it an issue that my offer was not good enough for him.... he then went ahead and messaged to me start gloating he found a sap to pay close to his outlandish asking price for that particular book.

everyone has been going on and on about this for the past 2 weeks.... why not drop it already and move on. it's also really annoying constantly seeing my ebay username on top of everyone's response.

Point blank if people cry on here that they received an offer not to their liking, well tough you know what.... from here on out stop posting buy it now or make a offer listings on ebay. that'll stop the heartbreak and crying on here.

last i recall thats the whole purpose of buying and selling items, im not including stores. they are obviously at a fixed price. people whom are buying are trying to get the best deal, people who are selling are always trying to get top dollar.... thats just the way of life.

As i said in one of my last posts, thats why i decided not to frequent here on this forum as much any longer... too many people whining and wanting to put the blame on someone .

he then went ahead and messaged to me start gloating he found a sap to pay close to his outlandish asking price for that particular book.

How exactly have you determined the price was outlandish?

he then went ahead and messaged to me start gloating he found a sap to pay close to his outlandish asking price for that particular book.

he was asking if i recall correctly $900 dollars or so and when I LAST TIME checked the sold prices on ebay they were going NO WHERE NEAR that price.

he was asking if i recall correctly $900 dollars or so and when I LAST TIME checked the sold prices on ebay they were going NO WHERE NEAR that price.

Wait....

You said this earlier:

I don't keep up with all the current sales on any particular book.

Post #8720617, July 5.

So....which is it? You DO check prices, or you DON'T?

hm

(PS. I've edited back the title of the thread. If you don't want to keep seeing your name, you should make some effort to do the same in your posts.)