• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

This is cool, but not 18k cool :eek:

However, if Vinnie grows up and exceeds both Dad and Grampa (well, Grampa), then...

... Nope. Still not that cool.

I fail to see how an additional sig of a kid boosts an item from a $200 item to an 18K item......I dont care if it's Michaelangelo's sig..... still NOPE

It is amazing to me that this item under discussion can be relisted with the same description!

I find it even more amazing that the books are already re-listed when the seller doesn't even have them back yet...

Why are you blasting me? I've been nothing but amendable to you since the start. Yes I relisted them. Had to, your dispute put me in a financial bind and I need to re-sell them quick. It's not as if they've already been re-sold. It is a 7 day auction ending next week. Timed so that I can inspect and send them out to the new buyer within the listed time period, unless you plan to damage me further by dragging your feet on the return. And for the record, I lowered the grade on the #1. There we go with the not reading the description again. If you have anything else to say. The best way to reach me is directly, please do so if you have anything else to say

Let me get something straight. You wanted me to mail the books back to you on the 13th because you're out of town. That's counting 7 days from now plus the time it takes the book to reach your address and your new listing ends in 6 days. So how are you going to inspect the books before the auction ends? You already advertised issue #1 as VF which I already know that book is no where close to that grade. That's the big key book in the lot. So what happens if the post office delays the shipping or god forbids something happens to the package during delivery? You do realize there's no guaranteed date with Media Mail right? So what's gonna happen now? There's just so many unpredictable factor that can't be controlled. Either way, I certainly do not want to be in the new unsuspecting buyer's shoes. I understand you're in a financial bind but what you're doing is totally not cool in my books. Do not worry, I am not out to screw people. I will send out your books on Saturday the 11th so it should arrive when you are back in town as agreed. I'll be glad to talk privately anytime with you, but remember, I wasn't the one who originally brought this out to public first.

My goodness, this thread is truly something else.

It is not disrespectful to send someone a lowball offer. Just ignore it if you don't like it, stop whining about it, I can't stand it anymore. Business is business. Stop getting butt hurt.

And don't reply with a 1 cent less than asking counteroffer that's just asinine

It is not disrespectful to send someone a lowball offer. Just ignore it if you don't like it, stop whining about it, I can't stand it anymore. Business is business. Stop getting butt hurt.

Why not to set the Automatically decline offers lower than your amount in eBay? Make them look stupid.

Why not to set the Automatically decline offers lower than your amount in eBay? Make them look stupid.

I don't feel stupid when I'm auto-declined :makepoint:

I'm curious how many people see a low ball offer as a sign of disrespect. Seems silly to me to attach such emotion over it. And for those that do do you also find someone listing a book way above fmv as a sign of disrespect towards buyers?

I consider a low ball offer rude. A small percentage of value for a book that is a key and easy to sell and hard to replace doesn't show any respect for me or my book. I don't get mad or rude but it does bother me.

I also don't like sellers asking way over fmv for a book. There's tons of them on ebay asking 2 or 3 times fmv hoping to find a sucker or someone who''ll start negotiating way too high and end up paying too much.

This is why i stoped commenting yesterday.... apparently making any type of offer to someone other then that exact amount the seller is asking is against the " 10 COMMANDMENTS OF COMIC BUYING/SELLING"

maybe there should be a list of people's names who go to car dealerships to buy new and used cars... because apparently it's bad mojo to make offers on items... only on collectors society do you see such nonsense.

Just changing the title - AGAIN - TO WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!

Yea you think we can work on that??? it's getting annoying to keep seeing my ebay username as the topic here, and considering the guy who made the BS claims was also added to quite a few block lists and he now disappears. that should totally give it enough to remove it from everyone's response on here.

Edited by Donmeca2020

I'm curious how many people see a low ball offer as a sign of disrespect. Seems silly to me to attach such emotion over it. And for those that do do you also find someone listing a book way above fmv as a sign of disrespect towards buyers?

I consider a low ball offer rude. A small percentage of value for a book that is a key and easy to sell and hard to replace doesn't show any respect for me or my book. I don't get mad or rude but it does bother me.

I also don't like sellers asking way over fmv for a book. There's tons of them on ebay asking 2 or 3 times fmv hoping to find a sucker or someone who''ll start negotiating way too high and end up paying too much.

Exactly torch. I had a WD #2 9.4 listed for $350 obo FREE SHIPPING (people don't get that it cost $20 to ship and insure a $300 book plus fees etc.) Got 5 offers. The lowest one was $180 the highest was $265. Last guy emailed me and asked my lowest, told him 3 and a quarter, he agreed and deal was done. Doesn't bother me that I got low offers, I just counter and they decline. All this time and people still think they'll get a #2 graded for $200, sorry not gonna happen anytime soon.

Exactly torch. I had a WD #2 9.4 listed for $350 obo FREE SHIPPING (people don't get that it cost $20 to ship and insure a $300 book plus fees etc.) Got 5 offers. The lowest one was $180 the highest was $265. Last guy emailed me and asked my lowest, told him 3 and a quarter, he agreed and deal was done. Doesn't bother me that I got low offers, I just counter and they decline. All this time and people still think they'll get a #2 graded for $200, sorry not gonna happen anytime soon.

not always a matter of 'thinking you'll get one for $200', more of 'hoping I'll get one $200, why not make an offer?'

(yes I realize there's the potential to get blocked for lowballing. I'm willing to take that risk in some cases) there's an autoblock option, not my fault or problem if a person utilizes it or not.

they've chosen to use a site where 'offers' can be made. If I'm making a good faith offer with intent to pay upon acceptance according to the rules of the site we've both agree to be using, then that's all it is. An offer, nothing more, nothing less. Not an 'eff you and your product and your sister', just 'will you accept this price for this item'. You can accept, ignore, reject, counter according to your own preferences as you would any other offer. If that's too much work, why not set the auto-reject?

I guess I just don't see what the big deal is...

not always a matter of 'thinking you'll get one for $200', more of 'hoping I'll get one $200, why not make an offer?'

(yes I realize there's the potential to get blocked for lowballing. I'm willing to take that risk in some cases) there's an autoblock option, not my fault or problem if a person utilizes it or not.

they've chosen to use a site where 'offers' can be made. If I'm making a good faith offer with intent to pay upon acceptance according to the rules of the site we've both agree to be using, then that's all it is. An offer, nothing more, nothing less. Not an 'eff you and your product and your sister', just 'will you accept this price for this item'. You can accept, ignore, reject, counter according to your own preferences as you would any other offer. If that's too much work, why not set the auto-reject?

I guess I just don't see what the big deal is...

no big deal just chiming in the conversation. and you're right, i dont block anyone who sends me low balls, i just counter or decline.

Not an 'eff you and your product and your sister'

just 'will you accept this price for this item'.

Can it be both?

hm

I always include family insults with my low ball offers.

I'll chime in and say I have a key SA book I was trying to sell, granted it's not perfect centering and has some issues, but it's a solid book. Got a ridiculous low offer on it; said individual is asking well above GPA for what he had for sale. I know asking vs. actually selling are two separate things, but I got a line of BS for what I wanted for my book and the issues with it and no response when I called him out on his overinflated prices.

Edited by Spidey-fan73