• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,384 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2022 at 7:40 PM, fifties said:

If ya can't find the real deal, a reprint at least allows you to read the contents.  This one must be in the public domain category now, and would seem to be one of the few EC's that is.  Thumbs up!

I wondered about copyrights as well. I know MAD is still owned by Warner I believe. Even if they are doing only reprints. It falls under the EC umbrella. Maybe this title wasn’t renewed. Only EC I have noticed.

I actually had a choice. There is a coverless copy on the board for $39. Or this for $8. So I went the cheap route. 

On 3/23/2022 at 3:59 PM, Robot Man said:

OK, don’t hate me but I actually did the unthinkable. I actually purchased one of those “reprint” books.

I saw this one listed. Can’t find an original and just thought I’d try one out. 

Quality isn’t very sharp. It is just a color copy after all. Acceptable though if you just want to read a copy of a book you might not be able to find or afford.

On the bright side, it does have blinding white pages. 

317F73DB-4243-411C-AD35-D51EC55CA6B5.jpeg

Could you share some interiors, please?!

On 3/27/2022 at 12:05 PM, BitterOldMan said:

52nd Edition Overstreet Price Guide will feature EC cover.  Just ordered hardcover from my LCS.

C088029C-CC05-4DBC-BED3-BC8285306BF8.jpeg.80ce3243f3ff80952f35340798289f95.jpeg

I haven’t bought a new one in a few years. I will be picking up this one though. I think only available in comic stores? 

Hmm.  I need to update my Overstreet, too.  But I think I'm gonna wait for the cover to feature the one that started it all.  Maybe the next edition?  :devil:

729402240_Screenshot(621).png.1902193fc3716fbeca22dd6af0d57bb6.png.921b2cbad0a5922c49d0c2313e36b7ba.png

Nah, we need more color!  If they come out with a Haunt of Fear #17 cover, I'll likely bite on that one.  Maybe they already did this one?  That would be cool.

411672391_OverstreetreHofFear17.png.8da9979edf133b008534c051aa589274.png

Edited by Pantodude

On 3/27/2022 at 12:25 PM, Robot Man said:

I haven’t bought a new one in a few years. I will be picking up this one though. I think only available in comic stores? 

Currently, may be ordered directly from gemstonepub.  I frequently purchase from my LCS, that I wish to remain open.

https://gemstonepub.com/the-overstreet-comic-book-price-guide-52-ec-horror/

EC's are definitely drying up at affordable prices for me.  But I went ahead and got this one, it will do indefinitely... although I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open.  Interior is just fine, so maybe I'll be able to get an incomplete copy to marry the cover.  Now I just need #18 to finish the Shock Suspenstories run.

Shock_Suspenstories_05.jpg

On 4/1/2022 at 1:13 PM, Point Five said:

:whatthe:

I'm really, REALLY glad I got my Shock #6 when I did... because it's officially impossible for me now, even if that copy was an outlier the book is still crazy overall.

A cheap copy ($500?) popped up here on the boards recently, but I couldn’t quite pull the trigger. I was in the middle of my WS16/WSF29 negotiations. I’m happy, but I’ve no doubt that history will prove I chose the wrong deal.