• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2022 at 10:31 AM, Robot Man said:

Change of direction here. Maybe the first one of these shown in this thread.

Finished off my New Trend collection for the most part. Still looking for a few Pre Trend Romance and Crime. Swore I wasn't going to go any deeper into the humor ones but... This one turned up on the bay very cheap. A #1 from 1947. Maybe the first one other than International Crime Patrol #1 (which is advertised inside) to have the first "Entertaining Comics" logo on the cover. Lower grade but solid with very white pages and suits my needs just fine. Glad to get it. 

comdandy1.jpeg

More than a fair price you paid. Nice grab!

OK, don’t hate me but I actually did the unthinkable. I actually purchased one of those “reprint” books.

I saw this one listed. Can’t find an original and just thought I’d try one out. 

Quality isn’t very sharp. It is just a color copy after all. Acceptable though if you just want to read a copy of a book you might not be able to find or afford.

On the bright side, it does have blinding white pages. 

317F73DB-4243-411C-AD35-D51EC55CA6B5.jpeg

On 3/23/2022 at 1:59 PM, Robot Man said:

OK, don’t hate me but I actually did the unthinkable. I actually purchased one of those “reprint” books.

I saw this one listed. Can’t find an original and just thought I’d try one out. 

Quality isn’t very sharp. It is just a color copy after all. Acceptable though if you just want to read a copy of a book you might not be able to find or afford.

On the bright side, it does have blinding white pages. 

317F73DB-4243-411C-AD35-D51EC55CA6B5.jpeg

If ya can't find the real deal, a reprint at least allows you to read the contents.  This one must be in the public domain category now, and would seem to be one of the few EC's that is.  Thumbs up!