• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

"Cover of a children's comic book"...Eh eh eh

2mrusyr.jpg

21264q1.jpg

ipwldj.jpg

2e4jgbd.jpg

wtu39k.jpg

Back in the '60's-'70's, Tales wasn't the money comic. That distinction belonged to Vault.

23s88wi.jpg

wvwz2q.jpg

Welcome to the boards from me too! Not a dud in that bunch. :) Not that there would be, they're EC's. It's interesting to hear that Vault was the premier one to collect in the '60s and '70s -- was it a perception that less were made? Special fondness for Johnny Craig? Or related to the toughness of Vault #12? Would be cool to hear more. :)

Always happy to help enlighten fellow EC addicts, eh eh!

So long before this here internet stuff, there was a publication entitled, "The Monster Times", and the particular one referred to below was the May, 1972 issue, dedicated to our favorite publisher;

29ft84p.jpg

Here's a scan of that issues centerfold;

344qc06.jpg

And here's their assessment of the market rates at the time;

28a82g3.jpg

Always happy to help enlighten fellow EC addicts, eh eh!

So long before this here internet stuff, there was a publication entitled, "The Monster Times", and the particular one referred to below was the May, 1972 issue, dedicated to our favorite publisher;

29ft84p.jpg

Here's a scan of that issues centerfold;

344qc06.jpg

And here's their assessment of the market rates at the time;

28a82g3.jpg

How funny, and cool is that! I wonder why the price discrepancy. I like all the horror titles equally myself. :)

Some really, really sweet books are showing up here! I'm glad to see that EC is finally getting some love again! When I get time, I'll post mine. This thread is bringing tears of joy to my eyes. Thanks to jimjum for initiating!

Some really, really sweet books are showing up here! I'm glad to see that EC is finally getting some love again! When I get time, I'll post mine. This thread is bringing tears of joy to my eyes. Thanks to jimjum for initiating!

.... there's also another EC Thread that I didn't know about when I started this one..... everyone should have a few EC's in their box :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Those are stupendous!

A Gaines copy of a war book is a future goal of mine.

I'd like to complete a Gaines set of Frontline Combat. I bought a couple of new ones at SDCC.

Here's the first one which is not an amazing copy due to some fading on the left edge, but I got it for a good price.

DSC_00061280x9322_zps3a85c62c.jpg

Those are stupendous!

I'd like to complete a Gaines set of Frontline Combat. I bought a couple of new ones at SDCC.

Here's the first one which is not an amazing copy due to some fading on the left edge, but I got it for a good price.

Awesome! That is exactly the sort of copy I'd go for! :applause:

Those are stupendous!

Wonder if it's possible that's a printing defect rather than the result of fading? hm