• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

As always, I am looking for a few EC books.  I am still looking for A Moon, A Girl Romance #12 and Modern Love # 7.  I'm actually looking for a lot more  (you can look at my complete EC run in the CGC sets list to see what is missing). But this is my focus right now. If you are looking for some stuff I happen to have the following I could trade: International Comics 3 CGC 5.0, Modern Love 4 CGC 5.0, Modern Love 8 CGC 3.0.

On 2/24/2023 at 9:29 AM, conan09279 said:

Here’s a new pick up. I’m not a fan of the minimalist cover but I do love the purple background.

9099E6BD-7381-40ED-A8FB-44A571752912.jpeg

Congrats; I also have a copy.  That issue is a "Gerber 6", meaning not all that common.  PCH was under the gun and not selling all that well in the fall of '54 and early '55, before the CCA seal came into effect with most March '55 comics.

On 2/26/2023 at 3:00 AM, Larryw7 said:

Another Tales from the Crypt that I'll be cracking from the slab.

6604291.jpg

I'm not sure I'll ever understand the thought process that goes into removing a comic that is in a CGC case. They typically sell for a little more and any number of things can happen to cause damage or downgrade once removed. Is it meant to be read? If so you can buy, as anybody knows, a reprint for pennies on the dollar. Maybe you never plan to resell, but if you do you will fetch less money for it raw than graded. This topic has been rehashed at least a thousand times, but I never fail to be surprised when I see comments about "freeing" a slabbed book.