• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

At WonderCon (Anaheim), and there's a solid selection of EC's across the board.

In contrast to prior conventions, Gaines' copies are noticeably absent.

..... nice Spring weather too, I would imagine :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

In honor of the weekend's events, I thought I'd take shots of a 6 page EC story that has interesting parallels to the story of Christ ...from Weird Science #13, "He Walked Among Us."

-script by Feldstein, pencils and inks by Wood, colors by Severin :cloud9:

From Wikipedia: "He Walked Among Us" (#13) was a take on organized religion in which a Christ-like astronaut helps the impoverished populace of an alien world but is killed by those in power, prompting the birth of a religion.

Enjoy the read, and Happy Easter!

ws13hwau_1.jpg

ws13hwau_2.jpg

ws13hwau_3.jpg

ws13hwau_4.jpg

ws13hwau_5.jpg

ws13hwau_6.jpg

True on all counts for these EC love books. No Gaines file copies - I guess we know how Bill felt about em. Definitely not part of the precious. Well, then, Mr. Gaines, challenge accepted.

SaddleRomances11fc100_zpsgpegvhvy.jpg

OS has this one as scarce, and I would agree with them and sacentaur. Nice to see the Crippen again. Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years!

ModernLove06fca100_zps2317ae71.jpg

here's some more samples of EC Romance books, definitely tougher to find in decent shape

these samples will show that, but still happy to have them.

Saddle Romances # 9,10 and 11 then issue 12 morphs into Weird Science which I believe I've already scanned a month or so ago.

154314.jpg.ca42aab07b3c463091f6859202388f0a.jpg

154315.jpg.a7c3011e9c7271ffdbd177791acb45dc.jpg

154316.jpg.d0a88d7ca3c168080fa2abd9c7c04de5.jpg

looks like I was to slow in my scanning, tomorrow midnight is the one I still need.

I took a shortcut and pulled pictures off wikipedia.

Thanks for sharing your scans. My copy of Tales of the Incredible is stored at a different location. I remember these paperbacks from my childhood and soon afterwards the Batman Signet reprints. Back then, 50 cents was a small fortune.

Roger Hill used that great Frazetta sci-fi illo on the cover of his EC fanzine, EC Fan-Addict Fanzine #2. I asked him if the drawing had ever seen print anywhere else, besides the Ballantine paperback, and he said it hadn't. So, if you want the best reproduction of that illo in existence, you'll need to pick up a copy of the EC fanzine.

154324.jpg.c7792dba58f7287670782081fbd2ca70.jpg