• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

Roger Hill used that great Frazetta sci-fi illo on the cover of his EC fanzine, EC Fan-Addict Fanzine #2. I asked him if the drawing had ever seen print anywhere else, besides the Ballantine paperback, and he said it hadn't. So, if you want the best reproduction of that illo in existence, you'll need to pick up a copy of the EC fanzine.

Berni Wrightson's Un-Men cover. :insane:

Purchased from a boardie, glad to have it in hand today - I'm in the minority no doubt, but I prefer this cover to CSS 22:

5d7fc9c55ae62b32f827dabeb251a8c7_zps99abf1bd.jpg

Beautiful copy - the main reason I like your copy is that you can see the teardrop from the left eye on the leading edge...I always look for that on this issue - it's almost always completely cut off. I have a 6.0 copy that nearly shows the full left eye teardrop, and I hesitate to upgrade it for that reason.

Purchased from a boardie, glad to have it in hand today - I'm in the minority no doubt, but I prefer this cover to CSS 22:

Its defiantly on par with CsS 22 IMO! For years I thought that was someone else's hand shooting the man till I got an up close view of the reflection in the mirror! (:

Beautiful copy - the main reason I like your copy is that you can see the teardrop from the left eye on the leading edge...I always look for that on this issue - it's almost always completely cut off. I have a 6.0 copy that nearly shows the full left eye teardrop, and I hesitate to upgrade it for that reason.

Funny you should mention the teardrop, Ed (good observation) - at first I thought it might be a small chip because I'm not used to seeing it, but then quickly realized what it was. (thumbs u

This is a 'Gary Arlington' book, love the date stamp!

People are DYING to get their hands on that one! :insane:

Its defiantly on par with CsS 22 IMO! For years I thought that was someone else's hand shooting the man till I got an up close view of the reflection in the mirror! (:

The matching cuff-links are a clue, also.

I always thought it would be interesting if Craig would have put his circular sig in the center of the tie clip, looks like a close fit.

For years I thought that was someone else's hand shooting the man till I got an up close view of the reflection in the mirror! (:

I see what you mean; the arm doesn't look quite right. It doesn't look like the elbow of the forearm would be in the same place as the elbow of the upper arm if you followed both off the cover.

That was fast Steve! It's a great looking 9.2.

That was fast Steve! It's a great looking 9.2.

Nice! The cover pops! What colors!

CSS is one of my favorite EC titles because of great covers like this.

Shock SuspenStories is one of my favorite EC titles... a Crime, a War, a Sci-Fi, and a Horror story all in the same book.

The covers were generally excellent, too!

4e060d6b-9994-4d5a-b0d2-8c8cf8727c2a_zpsiiqhonxy.jpg

Shock SuspenStories is one of my favorite EC titles... a Crime, a War, a Sci-Fi, and a Horror story all in the same book.

What makes this cover great is not the fact that it's an electrocution cover at all! To me it's the various facial expressions on the cast of characters. From anger, disgust, shock and just look at that grimace on that warden's face! (thumbs u

What makes this cover great is not the fact that it's an electrocution cover at all! To me it's the various facial expressions on the cast of characters. From anger, disgust, shock and just look at that grimace on that warden's face! (thumbs u

How about the guy throwing the switch? Seems like he's enjoying his job lol

Great cover. So is #20. One that seems to get no love. Craig was really on a roll at this time! CSS is one of my favorite EC titles because of great covers like this.

+1 if anyone has a high grade CSS 20, I'm in the market for one!