• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

I'm at war with your Worlds! I always loved the miniature figure ranges while I was growing up (some say I've yet to grow up) and was never aware that they made this set. All you need now is a bespectacled Dr Forrester and your set is complete. Thank you for posting these photos this is now my favourite thread. Please post a few more of your sets as I and I'm sure the rest of the forum would love to see them up close.

Actually this was the Pegasus version that already came pre-built and painted. It was made so you could install lighting in it if you wanted to.

Ah, didn't know they offered that - mine is a regular plastic model (picked it up at my local hobby shop).

Thank you for the photo's Ghastly I would have played for hours with these sets and can only imagine the fun I would have had back in the day (heck even now and I'm 57). As I Live in Ireland we never had the opportunity to buy these sets, it was only if someone had a relative in the States and they were sent as gifts. For years I always wanted those Roman playsets from the comics until recently when I learnt they were paper thin pieces of plastic? Plus those Marx sets were mouth watering and again I wanted them but all my relatives lived in Ireland.

Don't feel so bad, tv horror; I never even SAW those sets at the local toy stores, and even if I had, wouldn'ta had the coin to buy 'em anyways!

But now we are all older, got the scratch, and there's the internet to display and offer for sale what we missed out on back then, eh? :wink:

Thank you for the photo's Ghastly I would have played for hours with these sets and can only imagine the fun I would have had back in the day (heck even now and I'm 57). As I Live in Ireland we never had the opportunity to buy these sets, it was only if someone had a relative in the States and they were sent as gifts. For years I always wanted those Roman playsets from the comics until recently when I learnt they were paper thin pieces of plastic? Plus those Marx sets were mouth watering and again I wanted them but all my relatives lived in Ireland.

comicbookromans_zpsv8wnwpoj.jpg

roman%20soldiers%20comic%20book_zpsjdxrzvyi.jpg

Not to get away from these cool space playsets. Yall know that of all people here on the boards, I'm a fan of space toys but...this is an EC thread so...

I found these in a box today and thought you might be interested. These were story board illustrations that introduced each episode on the Tales From The Crypt TV show. Being in the graphic design biz has it's perks. A fellow art director gave me these back when the show was on.

crypttv6_zpsgk9pxb8m.jpg

crypttv5_zpsdqw0rmpg.jpg

crypttv4_zpsf7k4u4mn.jpg

crypttv3_zpsfr95pq1c.jpg

crypttv2_zpsaqxws5p9.jpg

crypttv1_zpsas40hdva.jpg

Russ Heath's ad art was usually better than whatever was on the front cover.

comicbookromans_zpsv8wnwpoj.jpg

roman%20soldiers%20comic%20book_zpsjdxrzvyi.jpg