• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

:luhv:

Did you say Marx playsets?

874f.jpg

Awsome collection! I got rid of most of my playsets when the market was hot. I kept a couple though including this one. I bought it at the Brimfield antique show years ago from a couple who cleaned out an old store. It is still stapled closed and had never been opened!

untouch1_zpsc73346bb.jpg

Awsome collection! I got rid of most of my playsets when the market was hot. I kept a couple though including this one. I bought it at the Brimfield antique show years ago from a couple who cleaned out an old store. It is still stapled closed and had never been opened!

untouch1_zpsc73346bb.jpg

Nice find! You might want to open it eventually though. I know a couple of people who had sealed Untouchables playsets and when they were opened, the tin had badly rusted.

untouch1_zpsc73346bb.jpg

Nice find! You might want to open it eventually though. I know a couple of people who had sealed Untouchables playsets and when they were opened, the tin had badly rusted.

Maybe, but wouldn't a great deal of the value lie in the unpopped staples? There is a youtube video of some enthusiasts opening a as-new Untouchables set and commenting that there was now one less unopened one in the world -- my understanding was that there were no more than just a few extant known to be originally sealed/unopened.

Not to get away from these cool space playsets. Yall know that of all people here on the boards, I'm a fan of space toys but...this is an EC thread so...

I found these in a box today and thought you might be interested. These were story board illustrations that introduced each episode on the Tales From The Crypt TV show. Being in the graphic design biz has it's perks. A fellow art director gave me these back when the show was on.

crypttv6_zpsgk9pxb8m.jpg

crypttv5_zpsdqw0rmpg.jpg

crypttv4_zpsf7k4u4mn.jpg

crypttv3_zpsfr95pq1c.jpg

crypttv2_zpsaqxws5p9.jpg

crypttv1_zpsas40hdva.jpg

Those EC-style covers ARE great, and were done by Mike Vosburg (wiki below.) Really neat for an EC collector!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Vosburg

Tonight's mission...rescue the wavy EC pedigree book: :cool:

hof19b_slab_f.jpg

hof19_ds2.jpg

hof19_ds1.jpg

hof19_ds3.jpg

hof19_ds4.jpg

hof19_ds6.jpg

hof19_ds7.jpg

This time, after liberation the book lies perfectly flat again. :cloud9:

hof19_ds8.jpg

hof19_ds9.jpg