• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

Granted, this Tales from the Crypt 46 is more scarce than earlier issues, and this one displays better than the assigned grade...but am I missing something?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-from-the-Crypt-46-CGC-Comic-5-5-OW-W-Pages-EC-Pre-Code-Horror-/401093559564?hash=item5d630a050c%3Ag%3AOPkAAOSwAvJW8n-1&nma=true&si=FOJt2fRwDZyENxjvsB5hdmiGZZ0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Granted, this Tales from the Crypt 46 is more scarce than earlier issues, and this one displays better than the assigned grade...but am I missing something?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-from-the-Crypt-46-CGC-Comic-5-5-OW-W-Pages-EC-Pre-Code-Horror-/401093559564?hash=item5d630a050c%3Ag%3AOPkAAOSwAvJW8n-1&nma=true&si=FOJt2fRwDZyENxjvsB5hdmiGZZ0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I don't think so. It's just a very popular issue, and nice copies don't come up for sale that often. This PLOD was about $275. through HA a few years ago. Can you imagine how much it would've gone for, had it been a blue label book?

TftC46_CGC_zps7e97f796.jpg

I don't think so. It's just a very popular issue, and nice copies don't come up for sale that often. This PLOD was about $275. through HA a few years ago. Can you imagine how much it would've gone for, had it been a blue label book?

TftC46_CGC_zps7e97f796.jpg

Agreed. It's an iconic book, for that grade, presents super -- and two people needed it. I'd be satisfied with that price, both as buyer and seller. Should you want a copy, but not want to pay that much, a lower grade could do the job -- but you have to find one. It did have low distribution, and might also see demand from the great "farewell letter" to the horror and crime lines on the inside cover.

Did anyone see this? I know VOH 30 is a desirable book, but this is going higher than I would expect, especially since it's a raw book.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182079315918?_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This issue is tough to locate in mid to upper grades. I would however be surprised to see it go past the 500's

Here are my favourite pages from a recent purchase... original colour guide to Modern Love 8.

I'm not in collecting mode, but couldn't pass it up.

When I do restart collecting, these original colour guides will be high on my list.

The colours are soooooooo bright on these... hard to believe they are 66 years old.

And even though Marie colored outside the lines on occasion, it sure beats the imperfect register of printing technology of the books - as can be seen in the comparison scan of my book.

Also her ability to be far more subtle in the guide then the printer was with the colour masking makes these real a treat.

enjoy

Scan%2073_zpsa5ey0p1j.jpeg

Scan%2076_zpspoqaujj4.jpeg

Scan%2074_zpsmnp2drtj.jpeg

Scan%2075_zpsoea8zclo.jpeg

Who has scans of their color guides to share?

Edited by TorontoDesignGuy

Here are my favourite pages from a recent purchase... original colour guide to Modern Love 8.

I'm not in collecting mode, but couldn't pass it up.

When I do restart collecting, these original colour guides will be high on my list.

The colours are soooooooo bright on these... hard to believe they are 66 years old.

And even though Marie colored outside the lines on occasion, it sure beats the imperfect register of printing technology of the books - as can be seen in the comparison scan of my book.

Also her ability to be far more subtle in the guide then the printer was with the colour masking makes these real a treat.

enjoy

Scan%2073_zpsa5ey0p1j.jpeg

Scan%2076_zpspoqaujj4.jpeg

Scan%2074_zpsmnp2drtj.jpeg

Scan%2075_zpsoea8zclo.jpeg

Beautiful art and colors!

Who has scans of their color guides to share?