• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

Wow, what a difference between the old holder and the new one. The colors really pop. What keeps the book from sliding around in it? Pressure? Maybe now, I might send some of my nice ones in.

The big difference is that the outer plastic is recessed from the edges, which brings the plastic much closer to the book. I'm guessing that's what reduces the glare (although I only have two examples so far). Here's the other (non River City :cry: ) that I had reholdered:

TFTC%2022%2094%20front%20new_zpspgkysflk.jpg

Wow, what a difference between the old holder and the new one. The colors really pop. What keeps the book from sliding around in it? Pressure? Maybe now, I might send some of my nice ones in.

The big difference is that the outer plastic is recessed from the edges, which brings the plastic much closer to the book. I'm guessing that's what reduces the glare (although I only have two examples so far). Here's the other (non River City :cry: ) that I had reholdered:

Still, very very nice book! :)

The new holder looks interesting. I wanted to see on in person at ECCC but didn't see any.

Edited by gojira

The new holder looks interesting. I wanted to see on in person at ECCC but didn't see any.

Was thinking about picking up a copy of this book. How are the stories in this one? Average for the run or better?

Was thinking about picking up a copy of this book. How are the stories in this one? Average for the run or better?

One nice way to check it out for yourself cheaply is to grab this reprint:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-from-the-Crypt-1992-Russ-Cochran-Gemstone-6-VF-/361532658088?hash=item542d0691a8:g:PgkAAOSwiylXDFsZ

In my book, the stories are all pleasing and above average for the run. Here's a synopsis of them:

http://www.comics.org/issue/8712/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-from-the-Crypt-1992-Russ-Cochran-Gemstone-6-VF-/361532658088?hash=item542d0691a8:g:PgkAAOSwiylXDFsZ

In my book, the stories are all pleasing and above average for the run. Here's a synopsis of them:

thanks (thumbs u

thanks (thumbs u

You bet! The Moon Girl cameo in the last story that the label mentions, is her costume, seen at a Masquerade ball in the Johnny Craig story, which is a good one. :)

I recently completed this EC run, the changing titles makes it a interesting run to collect.

So I hope the pictures aren't to flashy.

MoonGirl 1-8 A Moon, a Girl, a Romance 9-12 Weird Fantasy 13-22 Weird Science-Fantasy 23-29

Incredible Science Fiction 30-33

Thought it would be fun to show the complete run. Grades are from G to VF, average VG.

161848.jpg.7803cf0307559e96c5553218ebb0d6d1.jpg

161849.jpg.8c6ccc18cfbcfd9f226aacf22c34df76.jpg

161850.jpg.37e6a56ed506e779d81675627aa8dfe1.jpg

161851.jpg.27bbc8460d3af7819370ef608e4eabf8.jpg

Edited by Hap Hazard

Way to go Steve. Those romance titles are next to impossible to find these days. When I was trying to complete my EC collection I would usually pass on the romance ones in favor of the others. They were, after all , "love" books. I soon figured out how rare they were. Congrats!

As some have guessed the last book I needed was issue 12 of a moon, a girl, a romance. I found it on ebay but had to pay at least double guide to win the book. I hadn't even seen one for sale in at least ten years! So I bid what was needed to win. Glad to have it though, maybe in another ten years I can get a nicer copy!