• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Anti-Communist Comics!
8 8

638 posts in this topic

Since I scanned them for the 1-365 thread, I might as well sort these books into their threads.

Spy-Hunters 18 Jul-52, an unusual ACG anti-Communist book featuring a flamethrower cover. Dennis almost loved his copy to death.

Spy-Hunters18.jpg

Jack

Since I scanned them for the 1-365 thread, I might as well sort these books into their threads.

Spy-Hunters 18 Jul-52, an unusual ACG anti-Communist book featuring a flamethrower cover. Dennis almost loved his copy to death.

Spy-Hunters18.jpg

Jack

Man, once this guy finds a spy, he's toast (literally). That's tough.

My latest pick-up. Kinda beat (and I accidently caused a tear also when putting it back in its holder! 893whatthe.gif), but you don't see it often. Related to the Two Faces of Communism promotional books.

Doubletalk.jpg

As you know, I just picked up the original cover to this. I posted it to the original art thread but I believe this beauty belongs in this thread.

DoubleTalkCover1-1.jpg

A great pick-up for a deserving collector. Couldn't have found a better home! :applause:

As it turns out, I recently purchased four of the interior pages from this book and will post those shortly.

Just a little bit late in doing so but worth it I'm sure! ;)

doubletalk1MA19227611-0001.jpg

doubletalk2MA19227611-0002.jpg

doubletalk3MA19227611-0003.jpg

doubletalk4MA19227611-0004.jpg

I used to collectthe antie-commie stuff and thought I'd found it all. But Mark's uncovered morethan I ever thought existed. He also makes me wish I hadn't let it go. Had a perfect copy of blood is the harvest as well as devil will talk,is this tomorrowand more. let them go after they went years without creeping up in value and I figured nobody wanted them but me. keep posting mark. At least this way I get to see them.

I used to collectthe antie-commie stuff and thought I'd found it all. But Mark's uncovered morethan I ever thought existed. He also makes me wish I hadn't let it go. Had a perfect copy of blood is the harvest as well as devil will talk,is this tomorrowand more. let them go after they went years without creeping up in value and I figured nobody wanted them but me. keep posting mark. At least this way I get to see them.

They are cool, but nowhere near the dollar value of what you did hang on to. :makepoint:

We can make a trade. :grin:

Just in today, a nice upgrade of Double Talk! :banana::banana::banana:

DoubleTalk_VF80.jpg

:applause:

What venue did you pick this baby up at?

Feebay. It was in a lot that came with a couple of anti-communist pamphlets too (they are not comics). They were both printed by the Government Printing Office and say "for use of the Committee on Un-American Activities". One is called "Communist Psychological Warfare (Brainwashing)", the other "Languange as a Communist Weapon". Looks like pretty interesting stuff, but I haven't had a chance to examine them yet.

I had long wanted to get a anti-communist book for my collection, but over the years just had never pulled the trigger on one. Until last year.

Had a chance to pick this one up and even though I had to pay WAY over guide, I felt with the rarity of the first print (We The People) and with the provenance that it has being a copy that Anna Ruth (Moore) Kietzman had personally sent to a Children of the American Revolution chapter, per the stated signed letter, I just had to have it. What do you guys think?

therediceberg.jpg

tribbc.jpg

tribletter-1.jpg