• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Anti-Communist Comics!
8 8

638 posts in this topic

I am posting my recent T-Man acquisitions in my Espionage thread, but many of them co-equally belong in this anti-Commie thread as the stories frequently focused on that theme. I will only post those T-Man issues where the cover is clearly anti-Commie.

Tman19.jpg

Tman20.jpg

Great books, Esq. You're off to nice start in picking up the commercial anti-commie material.

These aren't comics, but these are part of set of bubblegum cards: "The Children's Crusade Against Communism". These are my two favorites but there are quite a few good ones. I've scanned the back of the Mao card to give you an idea of what they are like, but the text for each one is different. This is the only card set I've collected because it seemed to fit so well with the Atomic Age theme of some of my books.

1050288-RedMenaceMao.jpg

1050288-RedMenaceMao.jpg.f7f353de1d672626e1756ddd4e75b287.jpg

Great books, Esq. You're off to nice start in picking up the commercial anti-commie material.

These aren't comics, but these are part of set of bubblegum cards: "The Children's Crusade Against Communism". These are my two favorites but there are quite a few good ones. I've scanned the back of the Mao card to give you an idea of what they are like, but the text for each one is different. This is the only card set I've collected because it seemed to fit so well with the Atomic Age theme of some of my books.

1050288-RedMenaceMao.jpg

Yes, those are fantastic card and I love em! I know a dealer who has a nice percentage of the set and I have toyed with the prospect for over one year of purchasing them. I keep forgetting to check e-bay to see if they ever come up.

I'd be more than interested to know what you feel is a fair price for those cards. Thanks for sharing!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Where is he carrying the bomb?

Bulgarian Umbrella? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There is nitro in the umbrella. The actual story, however, doesn't involve a motorcade or the Prime Minister. The Red Spy places the umbrella against a pillar in the House of Commons (where I used to work!) with the intent of blowing it up.

My latest pick-up. Kinda beat (and I accidently caused a tear also when putting it back

in its holder! 893whatthe.gif), but you don't see it often. Related to the Two Faces of Communism

promotional books.

Double Talk has some nice internal artwork. Comicstew posted this on ebay.

1050709-doubletalk1insidepage.jpg

1050709-doubletalk13.jpg

1050709-doubletalk13.jpg.e80ba3b69b330dd991d828dfa2ac42ad.jpg

Edited by Harvey Dude

great thread! I'm surprised no one has posted up Atomic War! or World War III covers. I'll try to get mine up in a few days.

Actually, somewhere in the Section there is another thread that touches upon anti-Commie books b/c I know I did post them there. I noticed last night, conveniently enough, that a few of my books were not posted in this thread and I suspect they are in the other one. So, to complete this thread since it has taken over as the main anti-Commie thread, here are a few key books:

Bethlehem Pedigree Copy

AtomicWar2.jpg

Bethlehem Pedigree Copy

AtomicWar3Beth.jpg

Bethlehem Pedigree Copy

AtomicWar4.jpg

BloodistheHarvest.jpg

This was published in 1983 so not a GA book, but significant enough to post here. This copy is from the personal collection of Malcolm Alter, the publisher of the book.

GrenadaAlter.jpg

WWIII.jpg

Bethlehem Pedigree Copy

WorldWarIII2Beth.jpg

well those copies are... nicer.. than mine. frown.gif

No Atomic War #1?

I haven't gotten around to pick one up yet.

At least I can post that! And is that a reader copy of WWIII there you have scanned?
makepoint.gif

Big time! I bought it 20+ years ago. Covers are off. Fair at best, but I love it! cloud9.gif