• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

i hope not but i do believe this character may be the one that slows the marvel train.

sigh, eventually people will realize Marvel doesnt produce superhero films, they produce films with superoheros IN them. Huge difference, and why they are now a permanent fixture of movie making, and will never "slow", or "suffer suprehero fatigue".

They are in their own category, which they have created, and many others struggle because they still think its all just "superhero films".

ok. I love the movies. I hope this isn't the case but I believe this " film with a superhero IN it." may be the one that slows marvel down. nothing to do with " superhero fatigue " at all. I just don't think this movie will be on par.

its just my opinion from what I have seen of the movie. I will see it opening weekend. but I'm a comic nerd and have been all of my life. talking to many people who normally see the movies but could give a about comic books. they are not interested in this character or movie at all. time will tell I reckon. I hope it blows up like gotg did. but I don't think so.

Edited by littlebill

i just dont have that cant wait feeling like i do for gotg 2 or the new thor.

I also didn't have that can't-wait feeling with GOTG 1.

i hope not but i do believe this character may be the one that slows the marvel train.

I thought Ant-Man would slow the Marvel train.

this movie doesn't have a talking raccoon or tree to make kids want to see it three times.

I felt really good about ant man. hell it had Michael Pena in it.

we will see. I hope it breaks box office records. I just don't feel good about it and I think cumberbatch is the perfect choice for this character. he is awesome.

I'm sure the Cumberperson_without_enough_empathyes (the fans of Cumberwatch) will watch it a few times. Will it be the strongest Marvel, maybe not. I'm thinking it will do just the same as Ant-Man.

ok. I love the movies. I hope this isn't the case but I believe this " film with a superhero IN it." may be the one that slows marvel down. nothing to do with " superhero fatigue " at all. I just don't think this movie will be on par.

My point is they cant be "slowed down", and that as long as they maintain the quality of the films, it wont matter the individual marks set by a given film.

For me to agree with your view, you would have to present an argument that you think Dr. Strange will have, either bad acting, bad writing (-script), or bad directing/producing.

I see no reason, nor evidence, for any of those things to be the case.

That is what I mean about superhero IN the film. It will just be a good film, period, that happens to have a character in it, who could be referred to as a hero. THAT is what all the other companies are missing as they try to skip quality, and go for a shared universe as if that were the thing driving Marvel's success.

1.) Produce High Quality Films, period

2.) Build a shared universe for your high quality films to inhabit, and you will get loyalty and crossover viewing. But it is the quality that drives the success, the shared universe acts as a secondary re-enforcing/multiplying effect.

Edited by CBT

this movie doesn't have a talking raccoon or tree to make kids want to see it three times.

I felt really good about ant man. hell it had Michael Pena in it.

we will see. I hope it breaks box office records. I just don't feel good about it and I think cumberbatch is the perfect choice for this character. he is awesome.

Ant-Man did great...

My point is they cant be "slowed down", and that as long as they maintain the quality of the films, it wont matter the individual marks set by a given film.

For me to agree with your view, you would have to present an argument that you think Dr. Strange will have, either bad acting, bad writing (-script), or bad directing/producing.

I see no reason, nor evidence, for any of those things to be the case.

That is what I mean about superhero IN the film. It will just be a good film, period, that happens to have a character in it, who could be referred to as a hero. THAT is what all the other companies are missing as they try to skip quality, and go for a shared universe as if that were the thing driving Marvel's success.

1.) Produce High Quality Films, period

2.) Build a shared universe for your high quality films to inhabit, and you will get loyalty and crossover viewing. But it is the quality that drives the success, the shared universe acts as a secondary re-enforcing/multiplying effect.

I do agree Marvel Studios has set a unique standard. Though it took time to get a steady pattern of success once it got over The Incredible Hulk and Captain America: The First Avenger. One was a failure - the other a break-even success meant to ease viewers into the Chis Evans' Cap (what an amazing ending, though).

It does appear to be experiencing a slight slowdown, though. Even with the steady solid storytelling and great casting. Cap3/Avengers 2.5 had more heroes in it than either of the Avengers movies, and brought in far less. Yet it wasn't due to any horrible -script or poor acting. The field has just gotten quite crowded.

No offense to your steady love of Marvel Studios. It's just a reality right now.

To me, Doctor Strange appears to be setup for success. Cumberbatch and his fellow cast members being such solid performers - along with what appears to be a visual trip of a story - this should appeal to many movie-goers.

:wishluck:

I think if Dr Strange can do Antman numbers at the box office it will be considered a huge success.

I remember after watching one of the last Harry Potter movies and marveling at the "magic" special effects, I thought OMG they with the advances in CGI they can finally do a great Dr Strange Movie!

I think if Dr Strange can do Antman numbers at the box office it will be considered a huge success.

Agreed. However, the one thing Ant-Man had going for it was the appeal with kids. Neither one of my kids (11 and 12) want to see Dr. Strange. For them, Harry Potter is wizards/magic fantasy and everything else is a pretender. lol

New DOCTOR STRANGE Promo Images Feature Kaecilius, Baron Mordo, The Ancient One And Sorcerer Supreme

Doctor Strange opens in theaters, so we’ll soon be overwhelmed by Disney’s promotion for the upcoming Marvel adaptation.Official merchandise has offered some awesome promotional artwork and images featuring Benedict Cumberbatch posing heroically as the Sorcerer Supreme.

5BY9Kzs.jpg

6UriBju.jpg

Benedict Cumberbatch's DOCTOR STRANGE Spellbinds On Total Film's Latest Cover

To promote the upcoming release, Total Film's latest issue not only features Cumberbatch casting an iconic hand spell on the cover as it will also feature exclusive details from the hotly anticipated release. Joining Dcotor Strange in the magazine, is a host of upcoming comic book movies including Black Panther and Justice League

L75reRy.jpg

Brother Voodoo Rumored To Make Cameo Appearance In DOCTOR STRANGE

The Hashtag Show has been a little hit and miss when it comes to this sort of thing, but they've now posted a new video claiming that Jericho Drumm/Brother Voodoo and Tina Minoru will be showing up in Doctor Strange this November. They don't offer any details as to how the duo will be making their presence felt, but it sounds as if these will be brief blink and you'll miss them cameo appearances.

Minoru actually appeared in the Doctor Strange prequel comic book which was released earlier this year, while Daniel Drumm also showed up. It remains to be seen how she could factor into this movie and why Jericho would appear, but if the Marvel Cinematic Universe follows the comic books, he'll take up the mantle of Brother Voodoo after his brother is killed.

Uh-oh. That's what you get for sharing your desktop while presenting to an audience.

A Potentially MAJOR SPOILER For DOCTOR STRANGE May Have Been Revealed

Following the news that Dan Harmon has done some work on Doctor Strange for Marvel Studios, eagle eyed fans have gone back to a video which was played during the Harmontown Podcast at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, seemingly finding evidence of what exactly he contributed to the movie. We don't know for sure that this is 100% real, but there are a lot of people confirming its validity of Reddit and some claiming the video has since been taken down.

Opening his recent documents to tease fans with the prospect of him resurrecting Community, a number of Doctor Strange related documents can be seen, with the most noteworthy obviously being, "Strange Confronts Dormammu." If this is legit, that confirms that the iconic villain will be making some sort of surprise appearance in Doctor Strange.

w_Sfh1_Ra_1.jpg

Doctor Strange Marvel Legends Figures Available for Pre-Order

The new wave of Marvel Legends figures for Doctor Strange were teased earlier this year to celebrate the film’s release. And, now, it looks like the toys are available for pre-order.

The line’s figures include the following characters:

Doctor Strange (Movie)

Karl Mordo

Brother Voodoo

Enchantress

Doctor Strange (Comic)

Iron Fist

Nico Minoru (Sister Grimm)

Doctor Strange (Astral Projection Form)

Dormammu (Build-A-Figure)

marvel-legends-doctor-strange-movie-figure-packaged-e14711422577-197898.jpg

marvel-legends-karl-mordo-figure-packaged-e1471142075602-640x886-197900.jpg